Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Rubberneckin' Remix MP3 - It's Here !

Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:38 pm

So at last we can hear the new remixed Elvis single !

In some ways similar to ALLC but hasn't quite got the same punchy, catchy feel to it.

Pretty good effort anyway.

Not too removed from Elvis original.

Another hit !

See what you think :

http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~presley/index1.htm

Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:07 pm

Thanks. I just listened to this version.

Well, hmm...right , not the drive like ALLC, very simular to the Original version

If this is really the new remix, Iam not sure for a big success like ALLC

sorry

Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:36 pm

Oh dear,what a mess,sorry but I don't like it.

I prefer the "Groove Mix" to this version!

Thu Jul 17, 2003 5:59 pm

Yikes........they have got to be kidding...........not a whole lot of difference here in my opinion from the original, personally I like the other remixes alot better than this one.........oh well.
PEP 8)

Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:04 pm

I've given it a few more listens now.

Elvis' vocal left pretty much as on original.

Main difference is the thumping, bassy dance beat underlying things.

Best heard at high volume !

At 'normal' listening levels, not that different from American Studios !
Last edited by ColinB on Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Believe me It's A Fake

Thu Jul 17, 2003 6:57 pm

Last edited by neckywoudje on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:17 pm

neckywoudje -

You could be right of course.

But I thought the girl's voice was just from the radio station which is playing the song.

It is No. 4 on one of their charts.

I think it's genuine.

Wow

Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:22 pm

Wow......Just downloaded and listened to this.....fantastic is the word.

Yeah the number 4 is a studio annoucement of its place in the dance charts or something. This was a Radio Edit possibly by Paul Oakenfold, the full version is a lot longer.

I ain't dissapointed listening to this...roll on the release and an ALBUM of remixes by Paul Oakenfold, JXL, and other including Elvis in-cognito.

Regards

e.

Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:41 pm

EXCELLENT STUFF !!!! Another number one for Elvis imho :D
Great job by Paul Oakenfold and BMG, now BMG must get a video done and really get behind this single it will be a massive smash hit !!!

Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:42 pm

I think it is ok

Thu Jul 17, 2003 8:53 pm

"I hear what I like, I like what I hear" but........... it's not going to be another number 1 in my opinion.

Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:52 pm

It's the real thing.....

The promo was sent to me a few days ago and the version heard on Elvis World Japan is the 12" version.

Complete Elvis
Last edited by complete_elvis on Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:10 pm

Last edited by neckywoudje on Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:24 pm

Well I heard it ...I did not hear the "Thumping Bass" but to be honest I am not wired for sound.The remix did not really grab me like the original intro to the number.The announcer on BBC sounded familiar but please please someone enlighten me; how does this get to number 4 on any chart on the basis of a promo...or is this the "air play" thing ?....I dont dance so I wont say anymore.

Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:28 pm

just listened to it. have to hear it a few times. It has some nice ..groove.. to it!

Thu Jul 17, 2003 10:52 pm

Don't like it at all. Sounds like someones playing 2 or 3 other backing tracks behind the original - just a terrible wall of sound.

It becomes even clearer that if there had to be another remix this was totally the wrong choice - Let Yourself Go was the obvious choice to me.

Hell even Way Down would have offered more groove potential, oh thats right Elvis didn't record anything after Aloha ;) gotta keep pushin that Comeback image - or no image at all if the last remix is anything to go by.

Incidentaly, how can it be no 4 on any chart when it's not even been available for sale ??

If that's the new remix I for one won't be purchasing it.

Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:05 pm

"Can lightning strike twice?"
- I don't think so!

Must say I like that Peter Gunn sound at the end.

The worst thing that can happen is that the Rubberneckin' mix will be a total flop, because all the media will of course compare it to the JXL mix.
Too bad ....

Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:54 pm

Fully agree with Kiwi, qualitiy-wise the Final Groove Remix cannot be considered as a professional remix. However, compared to the (poor) quality of other recently released home made remixes, I must admit that this remix is really one of the better home made efforts.

Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:59 pm

E-cat -

Have you wandered onto the wrong thread ?

No-one has mentioned the Final Groove Mix and KiwiAlan hasn't posted here at all.

Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:28 am

When the Swedish newspaper Expressen reviewed the new single (on the same page as they talked about the "new" Elvissong) they gave it a 3 (on a a scale up to five). They say that they think it will be a smash hit this autumn, even though the liked thought the original sounded a lot better.

That is almost exactly what I feel too.

Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:39 am

Colin B,

You are very right, thanks for your observation. I re-posted my reply under the right thread. However, for some reason, I have not been able to delete this one.

Apologies to all for any confusion.

Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:42 am

E-Cat -

You can't delete messages.

The best possible course is to edit it down to just a full-stop or something.

But if other posters have started to refer to it in their posts, it could get confusing if it disappears !

Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:01 am

With a review of Rubberneckin remix in the Swedish newspaper, I hate to ask this but is there anyone out there who could interprit the review for us English readers.

Thanks

Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:41 am

I’m far from an expert in the English language, but bear with me please, I did my best :-) Here is the review… 100% in English!!

If you concur that ”A Little less conversation” with Elvis vs JXL was one last year’s best songs before it became one of the most hackneyed? If that is the case you will probably agree that the new version of “Rubberneckin’” swings pretty uncontrollably.
The Englishman Paul Oakenfold does not seem to be the most innovative guy with this remix of the old flipside. In fact it sounds as if JXL is behind this one as well.

But it can’t be forgotten that the Dutchman came up with a winning formula: big beats, housefilter, a lot of compression and a lengthening of the song with about 50 percent so that the chorus can really bet itself into your head.
Oakenfold does this exactly, and has probably created a new smash hit for “the King”. Even if the original in this case actually sounded better.

Fri Jul 18, 2003 1:50 am

At first blush I say "bring back junkie"

But it could grow on me.

I never liked ALLC at first - but came around after Nike pounded my brain countless times.

I think we all need to let a little time pass before rushing to judgement :D