Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Just an observation

Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:51 pm

Visiting the board frequently (as many of you do) and going through some of the topics today it's really incredible how the discussions just keep flowing on, lets face it, a near daily basis.

Nothing revolutionary about the observation, but when you really come down to it it is quite staggering.

As Elvis himself supposedly didn't fully get why he was as popular as he was back then, could he ever have envisioned 25 years + later after his passing he would remain as popular as he is today. Truly a testament to that 'unquantifiable something special' that goes beyond mere music making.

Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:28 am

Right on Clint.

your ID-Pic

Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:43 am

Clint Reno: first thing I want to say: "He will always be the King, no matter what!" ..... second: your ID-Pic is the greatest picture of Elvis I have ever seen! Simply perfect for a good 1969 album ;-)

Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:42 am

If he could have envisioned this, he might have been around today to enjoy it. :( And I don't want to hear that his death was the best career move he ever made, and that had it not happened, Clint would not have made that post. Obviously his immortalization did wonders for his "career", but no one can say that he was incapable of another comeback, and no one knows what might have been.

Great observation, Clint. Pardon my digression; I know the whole could-he-have-made-another-comeback issue has been discussed at length. Your post stirred that back up in me, I guess.

Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:45 pm

Great observation Clint. It's funny he really I don't think realized the impact he made on not just music but every day life. Remember the press conference from Vegas in late 1972 where he was told about the magnitude of his upcoming Aloha concert,? he looked and sounded like he coudn't believe it. That man had something to offer everybody along with his obvious talents, thats what makes EP so fascinating even 25 years after his death.