Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Elvis Zone Alternate Covers

Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:23 pm

Hi:

Does anybody know where/how you can access the alternate covers from "The Elvis Zone"? They are no longer on the "solid gold elvis" website.

Rich

solid gold elvis

Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:32 pm

I think they called it a day, but i going to try to take there place, if i can find enough pictures.

Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:07 am

They removed it from the site because the response was so - believe it if you can - negative. Of course loads of people downloaded their creative covers - but it was the moaning vinagar drinkers who took the time to comment.
And yes, I am one of those who never bothered to give any response at all :/
Just took the darn thing for granted. Now I'm still waiting for someone to come up with a flashy cover for the Vegas CD of the "Collector's Gold" box.

Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:58 am

The Elvis Zone will return in time. The originator of Solid Gold Elvis stopped the website the way it is, and offered me to stay with the new webmasters, but as a matter of fact I would like to have my own website again, and enjoying the break right now.

The Elvis Zone should be back somewhere in the fall or winter, with new covers.

[/img]

Thu Jul 17, 2003 9:52 am

Here again it amazes me that people complain so much for something that is FREE...........these guys were spending their own money and gaining nothing in return...........complaining is fine if you explain why Your complaining and have a soulution for an alternative for another soulution....but to complain to just complain serves no purpose.....However some people live for this....
their site will be missed, at least from me.
PEP 8)

Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:09 am

I wish that someone could make an alternative cover for the otherwise excellent Fort Baxter release "Goodbye Memphis".

I have always "hated" that cover!
And they didn't even get the text right, as they spelled it Goodbeye Memphis...
Sloppy!

Kristian

Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:51 pm

Hans, they were great covers. You should get a job with BMG
rick

Thu Jul 17, 2003 3:33 pm

Hans:

Thank you for the reply. I'm really looking forward to your website again.

You're a terrific fan. Not only are your covers a work of art, but you helped a fellow Elvis fan when I asked if you could make a cover for me.

To repeat what was said before - I don't understand why there were so many complaints about the "solid-gold-elvis" website. If that's the reason they wanted to stop - it's such a shame.

Hans, I have a project in mind that I would like to talk to you about. Please send me an e-mail and I will give you the details.

Regards,
Rich

Fri Jul 18, 2003 4:54 pm

Feeling the danger of negative response I will risk it to name this one:

http://www.ep-tunes.de/Specials/covers/ ... overs.html

Not as professional as on the ELVIS ZONE but some alternates too.

Fri Jul 18, 2003 8:19 pm

Taniolo wrote:Not as professional as on the ELVIS ZONE.

You're probably right about that (still it's a matter of taste).
But nothing to be ashamed of.
I especially liked your coverart of "At full blast" and "Lean, mean & kickin' butt". Keep up the good work!