Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

MISSING MASTERS?

Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:00 pm

I take it that the binaural (stereo) master of "Take my hand precious Lord" is missing as this, or any out-takes of it, have never been released.
Also, I wonder why BMG have never issued the alternate master of "Mean woman blues"? I have this from acetate source and it is very different. It has no guitar solos and the ending is the "bluesy" type which was edited onto the film version. They issued the acetate of "Blueberry Hill" on "Platinum" in 1997, but this "Mean woman blues" alternate master has been ignored.
TONY DOBB

Over to you, Ernst!

Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:47 pm

That's probably because of the quality of the acetate on the alt "Mean Woman Blues"... hopefully a different source can be found.

Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:54 pm

On which release can I find this acetate ?

regards
Ciscoking

Wed Jul 16, 2003 9:21 pm

The acetate of Mean Woman Blues (BX take 7) alternate master hasn't been released by BMG or even on bootleg, it is doing the rounds in private hands though and it IS very different to the released version!!!

Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:47 pm

Quite likely RCA/BMG has never ever received a copy of the alternate Mean Woman Blues as it was not made at Radio Recorders but at the Paramount Studios.

Other "goodies" lost in a similar manner would include 14 takes of a Loving You farm version.

Six other takes of Mean Woman Blues.

10 other takes of the solo version of Party

6 takes of the group version of Party

25 takes of Lonesome Cowboy

16 takes of the end version of Got A Lot O' Livin To Do

12 Takes of Teddy Bear

15 takes of Loving You - movie ending.

16 takes of Hot Dog

12 more takes from an alternative ending of Got A Lot Of Livin' To Do

Plus other bits and pieces.

These would not by any means be complete takes - but some must be.

NONE of these appear to have been recorded two-track (misnamed binaural)

A true mother load if found at Paramount on tape :!:

All info and thanks from "Steve Sholes"

Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:19 am

Very interesting Kiwi, maybe some day these takes will move from private
hands to official hands. I think here money could make things a little bit faster. The money given to these guys would be flowing back by record sales.

Ciscoking

Thu Jul 17, 2003 7:37 am

The trouble is that we're not sure if it's in collectors' hands, or if it was destroyed in 58. That would be a horrible shame if any of that stuff was gone.. but some of it surely is.. :(