Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Rocker Returns or Rocker Volume III

Wed Jul 16, 2003 3:18 am

Does anyone have any information regarding this almost released disc? I know it was going to be released and that an RCA matrix number was given so there must be a track listing and artwork somewhere. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ron

Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:54 am

I assume you don't mean "Return Of The Rocker" :?:

What is the matrix number you refer to :?:

Vol. 3

Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:14 am

Rick Rowe did finish a Volume 3. He told me so when I interviewed him in mid-1987. He wouldn't tell me the tracklist (as if it was was some earth shattering guarded secret).

I'm pretty sure I did see the supposed tracklist later in an article somewhere. I really don't care and even Ernst rightfully ignores it.

Rowe got fired (I'm glad) before it was released and it was s***canned (I'm glad).

I hope the version Rowe did was destroyed. It probably was or Ernst would note it.

Rowe was "working" on MSG afternoon when he got fired.

I'm glad.

Else MSG afternoon would sound like his Alternate Aloha or with even more 1980s studio effects he (that is, RCA) was buying.

Wed Jul 16, 2003 8:37 am

I remember talk about this CD back when it was to be released.
It would be interesting to know what the track listing was.

8)

Re: Vol. 3

Wed Jul 16, 2003 10:39 am

ohnono wrote:Rick Rowe did finish a Volume 3. He told me so when I interviewed him in mid-1987. He wouldn't tell me the tracklist (as if it was was some earth shattering guarded secret).

I'm pretty sure I did see the supposed tracklist later in an article somewhere. I really don't care and even Ernst rightfully ignores it.

Rowe got fired (I'm glad) before it was released and it was s***canned (I'm glad).

I hope the version Rowe did was destroyed. It probably was or Ernst would note it.

Rowe was "working" on MSG afternoon when he got fired.

I'm glad.

Else MSG afternoon would sound like his Alternate Aloha or with even more 1980s studio effects he (that is, RCA) was buying.

Just out of curiosity.
WHY was Rick Rowe fired? Any particular reason?
Or did RCA/BMG see that he simply didn't deliver the goods?

Kristian

Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:29 am

I'm sorry--I don't hold anything back here that I do Know, but I guess I do Know why he was fired. I think it is not my place to post that reason, even though I think he did terrible work while at RCA on everything he did, not just Elvis.

It was not "directly" related to anything he did "for" Elvis though, but related in an overall kind of way. NYC 1988/bad work/Geller was already out and couldn't protect him--should be enough publicly known hints, I hope.

The fact is he Was Fired and he has been bumping along the bottom of the barrel of the industry ever since. That should be enough.

Thu Jul 17, 2003 4:37 am

i liked these rocker lps and i was hoping for the 70s version of it
but never came out.

curtis simpkins