Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Elvis Australia
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

The Essential Elvis Presley CD 2007

Post by Elvis Australia »

Sony BMG will release The Essential Elvis Presley worldwide in 2007. Probably in February. This is the excellent Sony Music CD series that currently featuring such artists as Bruce Springsteen (Includes Bruce's version of 'Viva Las Vegas'), Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson and many more).

The Elvis - Rock 'N Roll Hero CD will not be released in Australia due to licensing problems however Elvis Australia have been able to obtain a small number of copies and offer them for a limited time only. This 16 track CD is made in Australia.

The track listing for Rock 'N Roll Hero is : Hound Dog, Good Rockin' Tonight, Shake Rattle & Roll, Blue Suede Shoes, That's All Right, Heartbreak Hotel, Mystery Train, Blue Moon, Baby Let's Play House, One Night, I Got A Woman, Rip it Up, Too Much, I Don't Care If The Sun Don't Shine, Fool Fool Fool, Don't Be Cruel.
Last edited by Elvis Australia on Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

David Troedson

Elvis Australia

Scott Haigh 781990EP
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by Scott Haigh 781990EP »

Was wondering when this would be released. Sure, it may be another re-release, but its part of the collection and hopefully will be a great representation of Elvis's music. I ahve Bob Dylan and Johhnny Cash in my collection and they are among my very fave c.ds, so i expect this one should have a good selection.

I'm like a stranger, like a stranger in my own hometown
My so called friends stopped being friendly, oh but you can't keep a good man down

http://www.myspace.com/musicprisoner

rockinrebel
Registered for: 21 years

Post by rockinrebel »

I suppose it’s inevitable that the 30th anniversary of Elvis’ passing will be marked by yet another hits compilation.

I would agree that generally the “Essential” series does provide a good introduction to a particular artist’s work, but in Elvis’ case such a title is surely going to be competing with the rest of the compilations in the catalogue that contain similar material.

Scott Haigh 781990EP
Registered for: 18 years 4 months

Post by Scott Haigh 781990EP »

Agree completely, but i just love this series, and i was waiting for Elvis's turn.

I'm like a stranger, like a stranger in my own hometown
My so called friends stopped being friendly, oh but you can't keep a good man down

http://www.myspace.com/musicprisoner

Scatter
Registered for: 19 years 11 months

Post by Scatter »

WOW!!!!!!!! Let me browse my cd collection real quickly and see if I'm missing any of these gems..................NOPE :lol: :wink: