Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Hey, I like DRAGONHEART

Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:13 pm

I like this release, I don't think Elvis sounds bad at all! :D So if you like other Elvis concerts from 1974, don't hesitate to buy it!
JEFF d
EPFAN

Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:23 pm

Jeff D -

I'm no great fan of soundboards, or any live stuff come to that, but I also enjoyed this CD !

Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:47 pm

It isn't my favorite release, as Elvis was so keyed up and overly chatty. But I am very taken with the new song, Alright, Okay, You Win. It's nothing mind-blowing from a lyrical standpoint (I recall seeing the complete lyrics in another thread and Elvis just sang a fraction of them), so there's not a lot to it in that regard. That is to be expected from some of the band intros where Elvis's vocal is secondary to whomever is soloing and the song is truncated. But he was so into it, and singing so intensely! It struck me as one of those moments when he really got lost in the music, something within took over (the beast in him? ;)), and he just couldn't help but belt out the words with everything he had. I can certainly think of stronger examples of this, but I think it applies here too. Cool tune!

Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:27 am

who can say? Maybe it was THE Highlight of that Detroit Show??? :shock:

Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:32 am

Ok - just listened to "Dragon Heart".

I love it.

This is a terrific show. I don't know - those reviews from the "Elvis Is Still Active In Norway" website just seem...............crazy? The show I heard on this CD was very entertaining and very enjoyable. Elvis' voice sounds fine - and he sounds like he's having a lot of fun (thanks to drugs? Possibly.....)

Hell - even "Trying To Get To You" with the messed-up ending doesn't even sound bad.

Rich

Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:24 am

Wow. With reviewers like that (Elvis In Norway) who needs enemies? I think it's one of the only reviews of an album I've seen to use an expletive ("sh*ttiest").

Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:20 am

Don´t tell me, was that review written by our Swedish friend Crister Berge?? :wink:

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:13 am

I liked Dragon Heart and I would have loved to have been at the concert.
I wouldn't have been booing, that's for sure.

8)

Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:30 am

Hi folks!

Taste can't be argued.
Some like Dragon Heart, others don't.
Heck, I've even seen people on this board that don't like the terrific Elvis at the International FTD cd!

But I have to agree on Oven (Elvis is still active in Norway website) on this one!
I think it's a bad performance by Elvis!

If you really LISTEN to the content of this cd, one can hardly argue on the fact that Elvis were into deep trouble at this time in his life.
Compare the South Bend show with for instance the March tour from the same year, with the excellent "Guaranteed to blow your mind", "Hello Memphis" or the officially release "Live on stage in Memphis" cd, and you'll spot the difference!

We are all entitled of our opinions, and as I've written before on this board; If we agreed on everything, what would there be left to discuss? :)

Br
Kristian

Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:15 pm

MB280E wrote:Don´t tell me, was that review written by our Swedish friend Crister Berge?? :wink:

Sincerely MB280E

For the record: It is Ken Jensen, Oven Egeland and Andy Urias who has written the Dragon Heart reviews on the "Elvis is still active in Norway" website, NOT Crister Berge.

Always check out the sources first, guys! :D

Br
Kristian

Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:28 pm

I didn´t say that Mr. Berge wrote it, did I? :)

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:37 pm

I agree Elvis doesn't sound as good on this CD as he does the March 1974 performances, but I also disagree that he sounds as bad as everyone is making out.
JEFF d
EPFAN

Tue Jul 15, 2003 9:20 pm

Quote: Don´t tell me, was that review written by our Swedish friend Crister Berge?? :wink:

Anyone who sang "Lady in Red" shouldn't throw stones!!! :lol: :wink: