More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
The Swamp Fox
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

New DVD Easter Egg Question

Post by The Swamp Fox »

HI Guys,
How do I access the "easter eggs" on the new single disc dvds of the 68 Comeback and the Aloha concert? I just cannot seem to find them?

The Swamp Fox

Rich_TCB
Registered for: 21 years

Post by Rich_TCB »

ImageImageImage

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

In the Woolworth's Music DVD Chart '68 & Aloha are at No.4 & No.5 respectively !

Not bad going since they already sold so many in the deluxe versions !

And a snip at £9.97 each !

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

JerryNodak

Post by JerryNodak »

ColinB wrote:In the Woolworth's Music DVD Chart '68 & Aloha are at No.4 & No.5 respectively !

Not bad going since they already sold so many in the deluxe versions !

And a snip at £9.97 each !
They could be free, and I still wouldn't buy them.

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

JerryNodak wrote:They could be free, and I still wouldn't buy them.
Well, I was really thinking of all the casual buyers who were put off by the price of the deluxe sets.

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

JerryNodak wrote:They could be free, and I still wouldn't buy them.
If they were free, you wouldn't have to. :wink:

ekenee
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****
Banned: VERY angry previously returning member. Banned for abuse of the forum. ****Same Member as Mississippi1935****

Post by ekenee »

Colin wrote: Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:03 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the Woolworth's Music DVD Chart '68 & Aloha are at No.4 & No.5 respectively !

This is interesting because it shows that Elvis can still sell relatively high numbers of dvd's in today's market.
When those Elvis great performance videos came out they did real well on billboard's chart too.

The point is this.

Some people on this board use the excuse that "Elvis doesn't sell", when referring to why the studio's don't release "elvis on tour" among other titles. True Elvis is not going to sell like the blockbuster movies of today, but these charts do show something.

Robert
Registered for: 19 years 8 months

Post by Robert »

ekenee wrote:Colin wrote: Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:03 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is interesting because it shows that Elvis can still sell relatively high numbers of dvd's in today's market.
When those Elvis great performance videos came out they did real well on billboard's chart too.

The point is this.

Some people on this board use the excuse that "Elvis doesn't sell", when referring to why the studio's don't release "elvis on tour" among other titles. True Elvis is not going to sell like the blockbuster movies of today, but these charts do show something.
The delux sets of both Comeback and Aloha sold very, very well in Holland. Promotion and marketing is the key word here folks..

The marketing strategy for these products obviously worked fine..
With the right marketingtools and budget, different material such as Elvis on Tour or a blues release can be very successful..

BMG&EPE consider less known material a risk.., as they only fully support releases with the same material over and over again..

It's all about promotion, even the biggest stars in today's music need that kind of support..
A nice example (I work at Nike) everybody saw what happened with that little known song A little less conversation.. :wink:

Cheers, RJ