Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Sessions How Great Thou Art

Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:28 pm

This new cd is excellent, first class, Great Sound, it also has a photo of the original LP label, under the CD, Living Stereo-Dynagroove--Made In CANADA.

Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:31 pm

It seems the reputed "sound problems" of this 2001 release have fixed themselves. It's a miracle!

Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:34 pm

Well , that's good news John! One to look out for then!

Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:32 am

:?: I'm not so sure about the sound problems.For example MY DISC(to me sounds 'fine') but one of my friends is complaining so bitterly about the ruined sound he CLAIMS he cannot listen to it!? To try to resolve this i am going to compare disc sound coming weekend to try to see /hear what the problem is! Listening again last night I must say it's the most recent Disc i enjoy playing the MOST! So enjoyable ...and funny in places as Elvis sang in one of the 'Somebody Bigger Than You or I' takes 'feel his love inside me' what am I saying? hilarious! :lol: :lol:

Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:53 am

The sound problems really bugged me... but then my hearing is very sensitive. Not knocking anybody else's hearing, but the way mine is, it really stood out. Still an enjoyable disc for the material, but I hope they fix those troubles for the next volume.

Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:43 am

Well Folks, this sound problem seems to be hit & miss. as mine is fine.

How can I get a copy?

Tue Jul 15, 2003 4:47 am

Does anyone know where I can get a copy? I love the religous music he did. How about some recomendations on some essential imports. I have all the RCA/BMG gospel releases. Thanks.

Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:02 am

Hi, johngael,

I wouldn't worry about looking for a copy, those things have a habit of just appearing when you least expect it. ;)

Great Sound

Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:16 am

What sound problem??? My copy of the How Great Thou Art Session Volume One sounds awesome to me. And I've got a very good pair of ears. I still think that this is the Best Import ever. It is such a manificent classy CD - I just can't wait for Volume 2.

Elvis Presley - The King of Gospel Music

Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:50 am

Right You Are.

Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:51 am

The problems are: poor use of noise/hiss-reduction and "brillance enhancers".. at least I'm certain about the noise-reducers, the enhancers are an educated guess.

And in case there is any question, this is from an original, not an internet copy.

Wed Jul 16, 2003 12:27 am

All Elvis Fans. This issue is a must have, looking forward to Vol 2.

Sond Advice

Wed Jul 16, 2003 1:39 am

This is an Essential Collector's Treasure. Go and hunt for a copy right away. Don't take things for granted. Don't delay. You'll live to regret and kick your own back later on when you can't find this anymore as it is a Limited edition. Once Volume 2 comes out - this one will be a rare & hard find. As far as I am concern - this is THE BEST Elvis Import CD ever!!!

because ELVIS is the King of the Whole Wide World