Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Where did these Elvis eyeglasses come from????

Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:19 am

Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:21 am

I'll take a stab at guessing the point:

1. Butterfield & Butterfield Auction, II - October, 1995. This 2nd auction took place the year following the 1st auction which set some incredible stratospheric pricing records (none of which held up for subsequent auctions). The first auction also caused every Tom, Dick (in this case Grob), & Harry to drag every item out of the closet in hopes of jumping on the "Greed-Bandwagon."

2. This particular auction was comprised of items from Jimmy Velvet, Dick Grob, and some Lichter pieces thrown in for good measure.

3. Fake / replica / misrepresented items to be found. Eg: Fake Velvet items (including rings, one sourced to Shaver), fake Grob items (especially autographed material), and all know where Lichter stands.

4. The above sunglasses (item #'s 1739 & 1740) were misrepresented. As well as items # 1372 & 1392 (also sunglasses, sold for exactly the same prices). They all sold for:

Item #1739 = $1,725.00
Item #1740 = $0
Item #1372 = $2,587.50
Item #1392 = $2,587.50

All, as far as I know, were fake.

All of the contributors to the auction listed above had BOTH legit and bogus items in the mix.

N8
... just a fan ....

Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:48 am

UF - the "major" auction houses are scarcely to be considered "experts", much less "authorities" in Elvis items. A PERFECT example of misplaced trust in "Authority." There are many examples of this; the most blatant and infamous one was the 1997 Bonhams auction.

N8
... just a fan ....

N880EP - You are right on the money!!

Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:34 am

as for little Danny (deleted - see guidelines #9)...............

He bought another fake and phoney Elvis pair of eyeglasses and cannot provide a photograph of Elvis wearing them or holding them.

He told me that he bought them from the same lady that sold the broken "EP" "TCB" aviators at the Graceland Las Vegas Auction for $32,500.

I believe she felt sorry for our little DANNY BOY from Thousand Oaks, California and gave the treasured Elvis glasses to him for $2,800.00.

The only problem with that is that Elvis Presley "NEVER" WORE THEM!!

and DANNY'S photograph either doesn't exist or in fact does not portray the eyeglasses he purchased for the $2,800.00.

There is "NO" way that I would write a COA for Danny's failed eyeglass purchase!! Nor would anyone else!! lolololololololo

All Danny Boy has is a story and "NOTHING" more................

Pity,

>>>TCB<<<

PS: Does anyone no the story about the 2 pairs of eyeglasses in the photographs from the Butterfield & Butterfield Auction???

Re: N880EP - You are right on the money!!

Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:48 am

Celebrity Sunglasses wrote:PS: Does anyone no the story about the 2 pairs of eyeglasses in the photographs from the Butterfield & Butterfield Auction???

Nope. Wish I did.

Item 1739 strikes me as obvious fakes. Are they?

Item 1740 strikes me as fake due to the 6 graduated holes in the arms. Once again, are they?

If real, ........... I'm ready to read & learn ............

N8
... just a fan ....

FAKES, FORGERIES and B.S. in the Elvis World

Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:44 am

N8 you have most of it all correct.

As the man that made all of Elvis' eyeglasses in the 70's I will tell you alll about the Butterfield Auction of eyeglasses I have posted.

1) The first one is a "VELVET" forgery. Elvis NEVER went to the corner stationery store and purchased any stick-on letters i.e. "EP". If in fact elvis wanted another pair he would have contacted me as he always did or asked Charlie or Sonny or one of the group to go to Dennis and get him some more eyeglasses. This "VALENTINO" sunglass is a "VELVET" fake.

2) The reason the second pair are a fake is that they are the Col. Parker "ELVIS PROJECT" sunglasses I made in 1979. Some one and I know who that is copied my TCB LIGHTING BOLT design and if you look closely on the inside of the right temple, you will see a "NUT" holding a screw to attach the TCB emblem. They removed the "ELVIS" emblem from the left temple and replaced it with a fake copy of my TCB design and attach it also with a screw and a nut.

If you look closely at the "EP" it is "NOT CORRECT" and is set & attached indented into the space above the bridge and is NOT flush with the glasses as you can compare them to in any of my auctions and or my web site @: http://www.celebritysunglasses.com

3) The other chrome pair of sunglasses item #1372 are a $6.00 sunglass that someone just put in the make some money fraudluently. Look closely and they have 6 holes on them instead of 5 and are made incorrectly.

Unfortunately, I cannot stand Dannny Boy (deleted - see guidelines #9). I believe he wasn't even born when Elvis was alive or about 5 years old at best..... He knows about as much about ELVIS PRESLEY as he does about inter-planetary flight...........

Just one man's opinion!!

>>>TCB<<<

Item #1392

Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:50 am

As I have already discussed prior to this post, Item #1392 is another of the "ELVIS PROJECT" Col. Parker sunglasses that I made in 1979.

The story is on my web site under FAKES, FRAUDS & FORGERIES................

I was at the auction in Las Vegas, sat with Charlie Hodge and Diamond Joe and had the Auctioneers remove that FAKE from the auction.

They did as I asked and that is the REST OF THE STORY.......

>>>TCB<<<

Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:31 pm

As I've always maintained, .................... legit. skepticism is more than warranted on Velvet pieces.

Fascinating input on the sunglasses - my thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

UF - generally speaking, as I've stated in another thread, spending large sums of money does not an "expert" make (although many that do would like others to think so for obvious reasons). It is, however, a wonderfully self-serving argument, ......... but it doesn't fly. Just my 0.2 cents.

N8
... just a fan ....

N880EP - You are right on the money!!

Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:41 pm

N8 - please see my web site under

fakes, frauds and forgeries..................

I have borrowed your infromation on the chatboard as you are on the money almost all of the time.

and when you do not know you admit it.

all the best,

>>>TCB<<<

Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:33 pm

unclefester wrote:Dennis....can't say I know much about inter-planetary flight....but I would like your
opinion and assesment of Joseph Kereta. Would you call him honest, knowledgeable, trustworthy, and man with integrity? I believe he is a friend of yours........he has an autographed piece up for sale on Ebay...is it a slam dunk should I purchase it that the item is genuine? Thanks and I hope you can offer some insight........uf

I am not a fan of his for many reasons...................

Caveat Emptor!!

My expertise is Elvis Presley's eyeglasses and the items he gave to me and moments he shared with me. My stories about Elvis are true and authentic as I was there!!

I can state for the record, Elvis Presley was "Something", he was funny and a blast to be with!! You just never knew what he was going to do!!

>>>TCB<<<

Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:53 pm

This is the only known picture of Joe Kereta that I know of.....

If you take notice, the eyeglasses he is wearing is comparable to many things he has........... He tried to sell me an alledged Elvis Karate Gi, to which I said politely, "NO THANKYOU".

I did "NOT" make the eyeglasses he is wearing.......

>>>TCB<<<

AGAIN YOU CANNOT GET IT RIGHT!!! DANNY BOY........

Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:55 am

(deleted - see guidelines #9) wrote:Dennis.

Blaa Blaa, Blaa, as usual you have managed to sway away from the original intent of your message, which was too show other phonies such as yourself. Again where is the photo of EP wearing your "MSG" glasses?? I can sleep very well at night knowing that my collection is legit, and that I have never drefauded a single person to obtain it. You on the other hand have made a small fortune ripping off Elvis fans and collectors. As for my knowledge of Elvis to be qestioned by the likes of you is absurd to say the least.

Now back to the reason you posted known phoney sunglasses on this site, is it your version of an admission that the "MSG" glasses are also bogus. I find it ironic that the "MAN THAT MADE ALL OF ELVIS' SUNGLASSES" had to buy EP's own prescription from a fellow collector not too long ago.. HMMMMMMM seems to me that you should have had that for your sacred records. Your as B.S. as the crap you put out. Get a life, and keep dreaming of the failed memories you once had of Elvis and your "friendship".....LOL!

(deleted - see guidelines #9)

Your reference to a "SMALL FORTUNE" should be corrected to a

"LARGE FORTUNE"

You are all mouth and with nothing to back it up with...............

get a life (deleted - see guidelines #9)...

and let them call you at 1-805 795-7555

and listen to the B.S. of life.............

>>>TCB<<<

the (deleted - see guidelines #9) is up to his old tricks!!!

Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:41 am

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=2009

The (deleted - see guidelines #9) at large...................

>>>TCB<<<

Re: N880EP - You are right on the money!!

Tue Jul 15, 2003 8:58 am

Celebrity Sunglasses wrote:N8 - please see my web site under

fakes, frauds and forgeries..................

I have borrowed your infromation on the chatboard as you are on the money almost all of the time.

and when you do not know you admit it.

all the best,

>>>TCB<<<

I stand by what I post here and will also be more than happy to stand corrected when proven wrong; for I, of course, do not know everything.

TCB, indeed. The "pollution" in this area of collecting has changed it forever.

N8
... just a fan ....