Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Diamond jewels CD box-set...

Mon Jul 14, 2003 1:32 am

Next year RCA/BMG will bring out a new box-set Diamond jewels and you have to make the tracklisting of this 3 cd-set ( no 4/5 cd's because it have to sell real big world wide), what is your tracklist and will there be a concept for this box-set? And remember it's aimed for the general public and has to go for the same sell figures as the number 1 hits cd, so no personal favourits! On this cd must be included the most career highlits in the studio and on stage ( no full concert, we had that on the 70's masters) and also no masters! must be outtakes only! you can make youre tracklist out of all the boxsets and ftd albums released allready...The tiltle of this boxset is: Diamond Jewels! Good luck and have fun!

further info...

Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:22 am

i got this idea from this MB, and i hope you take the time and effort to make this tracklist for this boxset, i will take all the replies and try to make this boxset and i am very curious what the outcome is!

Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:00 pm

Come on people! are you all out of idea's? there were many posts on the nashville cd and stax and in concert, please give this a try.
Make this diamond jewels cd boxset tracklist!

Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:07 pm

Hi Patrick!

This isn't an easy task, you know! 8)

If myself had carte blanche on this issue, I would concentrate on a SUN/50s box.

So far, I haven't got into deep thinking what would actually be on it, though...

Br
Kristian

Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:36 pm

As long as it includes another out-take of Froggy Went a-Courtin', at the expense of a well-sung ballad, I'll be happy.....

Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:50 pm

I can't really devote the necessary time to this until next week, too much on my plate right now. But I'll get it asap next week!

Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:23 am

I don't think a 3 disc set by anybody will sell like #1 did. Sorry but the Beatles could probably do it, but EP couldn't due to over saturation in the marketplace. (not complaining..I'd buy 20 cds with 100 different versions of Clambake..)

Wed Jul 16, 2003 2:08 am

Theme for the 3 cd's:

CD 1: From Sun to RCA
CD 2: From Nashville to Memphis (studio's)
CD 3: From Memphis (studio's) to the Jungle room
If you keep these places in mind you can create a real diamond boxset, because than you have all the important recording paces of elvis presley.