Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Do Feb. 70 and/or Jan. 71 reel to reel sounboards exist?

Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:15 pm

OK. we know RCA has several days worth of pro-recorded multitracks from Feb. 70. But no complete shows.

So, the question arises: Did the soundman record any complete reel to reel soundboards of an entire show for the Jan. -Feb 70 engagement?

Ditto for 71?

Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:14 pm

This information is from the thorough work of Doc. John Carpenter:

01-26-70 OS Walk A Mile In My Shoes (first half)+True Love Travels On A Gravel Road (second half)
02-23-70 CS True Love Travels On A Gravel Road+Electrifying
01-26-71 OS All Things Are Possible
01-27-71 MS All Things Are Possible
01-28-71 MS Lean, Mean & Kickin' Butt
01-29-71 DS Snowbird

I don't know which ones are reel-to-reel tapes, but they are all soundboard recordings. As you can see, all of these have been released (on import CDs).
In addition, there may be some more tapes from January '71 which are still waiting for public release.
The Doc would probably know more about that.

Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:03 am

does FTD have any of these in their possession?

any chance of a complete reel to reel soundboard from Jan/Feb 70 or 71 on FTD?

Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:35 am

I would be very very happy with an average soundboard of Feb. 19th m/s. This is a hell of a show. Elvis is singing a version of In The Ghetto and a lot of nice little excerpts. Furthermore Just Pretend and There Goes My Everything are included and a tremendous version of Lawdy Miss Clawdy.
Unfortunally we do not even have the tracklists of a lot of these February 1971 shows. :(

LAKE TAHOE 24TH JULY 1971

Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:09 pm

This site once had a picture of the tape box from this show to look at. 23 songs were performed at this show incliding "My babe", "I just can't help beleivin", "I walk the line", "One night", "Help me make it thru the night" and "The impossible dream". As the tape box is available, one presumes the tape inside it still exists??!!
TONY DOBB