Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:07 am

Best live FTD for me so far without question is 'One Night In Vegas'

Pete Dube - of the FTD's you don't yet have I'd deffinately make the movie soundtracks your first priority - excellent !!!

Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:01 pm

I'm gonna go for Studio B as I think Elvis' voice was at it's peak in terms of control, tonality, and polish on the 60's Nashville stuff, the years 60-64 in particular. The material may not have always been top-shelf, but Elvis' singing, the musicianship of the Nashville studio players, and Bill Porter's fine engineering more than make up for it.
I'll also go for one of the soundtracks, and save the other 2 for next month. Which one should I get first?
As far as Dragonheart goes, there's been such a wide range of opinions on it that I think I'm gonna just hold off and wait to see what Johnny Savage has to say about it. At the very least his review will be realistic.

Tue Jul 15, 2003 6:27 pm

I'm actually a bit surprised that no-one (or almost no-one) have Elvis At The International as their no 1 FTD. In my opinion this is the best release from FTD so far. OK, the songs are somewhat predictible (the usual Vegas '69 songs apart from Reconsider') but the performance kicks ass big time and the sound is nothing but superb.

One Night In Vegas suffers from a not so tight set of songs that don't really fit together and it gives the show a bit of strange pacing, I think.

Tue Jul 15, 2003 7:45 pm

hello Pete

i would suggest to buy :

Studio B
Out in Hollywood (Usually, i don't like the movie songs, but it's a pleasant listen)
Easter special (better than what i expected)