Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

How Great This CD Is : The Best Elvis Import CD

Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:12 am

I've received my copy of the new How Great Thou Art Vol.One and it is without doubt the Best Elvis Import CD ever. 2001 has done it again - giving us such a superb quality release. This is a MUST - an Essential CD.
The sound is awesome- the Cover art & booklet is magnificent. Elvis sings his heart out - just listen to different versions / takes of Run On & Where No One Stands Alone plus all the wonderful unrelease outtakes -just awesome. This CD confirms again that Elvis Presley is indeed the true KING OF THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD.

Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:55 am

Wow, that's an amazing claim! Guess that's something else to add to my wish list. :) Sounds great.

Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:48 pm

Best import release ever? I doubt that....

First, I don't like those complete session CD's. I'd rather have a Gospel CD with the best outtakes from the "How Great Thou Art" and "His Hand In Mine" sessions. And on a double CD..... in stereo.....

Sun Jul 13, 2003 3:52 pm

I'm still confused by this 2001 release.

Is there a better 4-CD version of these sessions coming soon in stereo from another label ?

Sun Jul 13, 2003 8:38 pm

Hi, Colin!

Better sound remains to be seen, but yes. 4-CD since it will also have the masters, I'm assuming.

Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:01 pm

Mike -

Thanks !

Probably better to hang on then !

Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:26 pm

The 4 cd set coming out probably is mono, like the 2001 release.

Sonny

Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:47 pm

Actually, they are supposed to be in stereo. Not sure what generation or anything, but stereo. I'm hoping it'll have the quality of sound that "Unsurpassed Masters" has, but that may be asking too much since it's not the "Cool Romeo" label. We'll see, though, I'm pretty anxious about it.

Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:13 am

Sonny wrote:The 4 cd set coming out probably is mono, like the 2001 release.

Sonny

What's the source to this news? If I remember correctly that other 4CD box would present the songs in stereo... what's changed since then?