MauriceinIreland

Tea Break

Post by MauriceinIreland »

[All misleading email, PM reference, and web-link disposed -- FECC BOOGEYMAN]

Keith Richards, Jr.

Post by Keith Richards, Jr. »

:smt015

Keith Richards, Jr.

Dedicated member of The Official Harum Scarum Appreciation Society!

JYM

Post by JYM »

:smt069

Scatter

Post by Scatter »

No tea break for you.............you haven't posted similar threads in the Picture, Elvis In The Media, or Chat Talk(where it actually belongs ) forums yet.

Hop to it fella :wink:

Topic author

Post by Guest »

MauriceinIreland, why do you spam the message from Anfield77 in every thread!

Are you angry at him? What've he done?
Said that you're banned from TCB? :roll:

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

Good Lord I'm sorry I gave Maurice the benefit of doubt... what was I thinking!

...time for him to change his meds! :wink:

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

unclefester wrote:You know something Jeff....speaking of Maurice and his meds......he acted so bizzare and odd on his way to the exit....that I wonder if his physician might not have given him some bad news recently....seriosuly.....but I stand by my most recent post on this thread.......uf
...something has def gone wrong... heat stroke maybe? He said he was knocking down a wall in his back "garden"... so maybe the heat got to him. :?

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

Tom in North Carolina

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

Maybe he walked outside, looked up and the sun was magnified thru his glasses (if you've seen his pic you know what I mean) to the temperature of a nano-laser and it literally melted his brain?!

On second thought, he's probably just an idiot.

Tom

JEFF d

Post by JEFF d »

LMAO... :lol:

No comment!

JEFF d
EP fan

JEFF d
EP fan

Rich_TCB

Post by Rich_TCB »

Tom in North Carolina wrote:Maybe he walked outside, looked up and the sun was magnified thru his glasses (if you've seen his pic you know what I mean) to the temperature of a nano-laser and it literally melted his brain?!

On second thought, he's probably just an idiot.

Tom
As Larry The Cable Guy would say...

"That's funny right there, I don't care who you are..."

Rich

ImageImageImage

Ezzz

Post by Ezzz »

Some of you guys are a real bunch of sad twats you really are.

This bully boy stuff that i assume is supposed to pass as humour, is well past its sell by date.

Errol

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

FlamingStar wrote:MauriceinIreland, why do you spam the message from Anfield77 in every thread!

Are you angry at him? What've he done?
Said that you're banned from TCB? :roll:
I think Anfield77 made some reference to Maurice's wife which he took exception to.

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Topic author
Juan Luis

Post by Juan Luis »

I am really sorry this happened and would have advised Maurice to lay low for a while. I don't like Kate Bush (any curiosity I had left me :lol: ) and do not agree with a lot of his off topic stuff and yes.. if you followed his EVERY post one might get annoyed a little. But I think he is a GOOD intelligent person and was even necessary to balance things on this board.
IMO! :) His way of exit a clear mistake on his part IMO...

ColinB

Post by ColinB »

JLGB wrote:I am really sorry this happened and would have advised Maurice to lay low for a while. I don't like Kate Bush (any curiosity I had left me :lol: ) and do not agree with a lot of his off topic stuff and yes.. if you followed his EVERY post one might get annoyed a little. But I think he is a GOOD intelligent person and was even necessary to balance things on this board.
There speaks the voice of reason !

Colin B
Judge a man not by his answers, but by his questions - Voltaire

Topic author
Dan_T

Post by Dan_T »

Well,I love Kate Bush,and have done for over 20 years,and I think Maurice was a good Guy.

His wife was insulted,what do people expect.

I'm sorry he decided to leave.

That's my opinion.

Dan.

Scatter

Post by Scatter »

As I said before, MC is indeed a good guy. But the conscious decision to post with agitation in mind strips him of the right to complain about "attacks".

He purposely posted thread after thread about himself and his accomplishments..........the last one the day he left........knowing full well that his self-promotion was the cause of the animus he generated.

He did it anyway..........never took the hints when they were still hints.......never made the effort to give a bit or accept that he may well have to adjust his delivery to become a functioning part of the community (as we all must and have).

He rather decided to adopt an "I'll show them" attitude, and it degenerated from there. A shame really.......

I defended him recently on a couple of threads where I thought the responses unwarranted.........but I kept in mind that he has a looooooong history with some who participated, and that the problems were hardly one-sided.

As for the reference to his wife.........I also leapt to his defense on that front. That's clearly out-of-bounds. But it's doubtful that this alone would have driven him from the MB. It was a combination of things.

So, we have a poster with much to contribute whose contributions finally became largely irrelevant due to the animosity he purposely generated.

Jaykeisha, Curtis, GG, Derryfan, Maurice...... along with a host of others whose names escape me at the moment .

It's a shame.........I wish all of them had adapted their style and rhetoric so they could have stayed here and contributed. I wish friendship and a sense of community had been their primary objectives.

When I got them away from their agendas and simply talked to them via PM, I found all of them to be decent, reasonable people. They could have chosen to demonstrate that fact to the MB, but every one decided that their agenda was more important than friendship, or community.

In the 2-plus years I've posted here, I've never seen ANYONE targeted and ostracized arbitrarily. If animosity was generated, it always was with cause. If the behavior changed, the poster was accepted. If not, their own decision not to relent (and foster friendship rather than hostility) sealed their own fate.

So........I don't blame the members of this MB for reacting in precisely the manner the offending poster calculated . Those reactions were purposely incited, and several such as Jaykeisha, GG, and Maurice admitted as much.

Sow to the wind, and reap the whirlwind...............

Yogi

Post by Yogi »

:smt038 Well said, Scatter! and so eloquently too!! lol :smt038 :smt038 :smt038 :smt038

Scatter

Post by Scatter »

Thanks Yogi........it just upsets me to see great guys like Tom and Elvissessions, N8, UncleFester, the Doc and others blamed for Maurice's downfall when Maurice purposely calculated his posts to incite.

He knew precisely what he was doing..........admitted as much.........then cried foul in a lame attempt to deflect blame. If anyone is interested to search the recent archives........during our all-too-brief lull in hostilities after the passing of Sue Silver........it can be noted that when Maurice had lain aside the inflammatory posts, there was nary a peep of derision against him. Hell, there was actually a thread dedicated to what a good guy MC had become!!!!!!

That situation could have continued indefinitely. It was in Maurice's hands, no one elses.

Pity he made the choices he did...........but they were his choices.

Tom in North Carolina

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

Scatter wrote:Hell, there was actually a thread dedicated to what a good guy MC had become!!!!!!
That situation could have continued indefinitely. It was in Maurice's hands, no one elses.
Pity he made the choices he did...........but they were his choices.
Please take note that I was one of the very first one's to praise MC's attitude change in the thread Scatter mentions. However, being who he was and what he wanted, the changes were short lived. Magoo knew exactly what he was doing and repeated his confrontational behavior over and over again. When it got too hot for him, he ran crying to FECC and then announced that he was leaving the board forever. Puhlease!!!! It just got so old! I, for one, am not sad to see him go in the least. He was a troublemaker and instigator from the very beginning. Good riddance. The board is better off without him.

Tom