Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis And Lee Majors

Sat Jul 12, 2003 6:46 pm

Hello,

Last night on A&E channel there was a biography of Lee Majors. In the program it mentioned that Lee Majors hung out with Elvis on occasion and that he would attend shows and Elvis would notice him in the audience. They also showed some brief fan filmed concert footage in the program. Lee said he would go to the shows and see Elvis and while Elvis was singing "Love Me Tender" he would recognize Lee in the audience and say "What the hell are you doing here?"

Daryl

Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:11 pm

When I was a kid,Lee Majors always reminded me of Elvis.

I found it highly amusing when I read years later,that Elvis told a Las Vegas audience "He's crazy,he thinks he's me,he really does."

Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:26 pm

Hello Dan T.,

Something else that caught my eye is that Lee also sang the theme music to "The Fall Guy". Instead of pitching the whole idea of the pilot show he was asked by the show's developers to sing the theme song to ABC executives. He didn't sound too bad either.

Daryl

Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:36 pm

Always liked Lee Majors since I was a kid, Steve Austin, Fall Guy etc.

He used to play football with The King, in the 60's... if I'm not mistaken.

KEEP ON ROCKIN'

Sat Jul 12, 2003 11:30 pm

:shock: yeah I think Lee was around a LOT during Elvi's March 75' Vegas season(listen to shows on 27.3.75!) I think Lee was busy chatting up Kathy Westmoreland and Elvis wasn't too happy about that!

Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:55 am

in a walk-on role in the Elvis movie Clambake: :?:

with Elvis impersonator Rick leFever:
Last edited by Swedish on Sun Jul 13, 2003 4:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:04 am

i always thought lee looked like elvis when he was on the big valley in the 60's also co starring barbara stanyick. i thought it would have been cool if elvis guest starred on the show maybe as a family member or a cousin to lee. :lol:

Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:28 am

Glad to hear some others confirm the impression that the King and the "Six Million Dollar Man" resembled each other some times. I certainly used to notice this, but was young enough that years later I thought maybe it was a kid's imagination.

Speaking of "Steve Austin," Lee Majors has been quite invisible since the '80s, hasn't he?

If nothing else, there was something Elvis-like in how Majors carried himself. Now knowing that he was in "Clambake" and saw many Elvis shows, I guess he was a fan of sorts.

Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:27 am

Thats one hell of a spot to find Lee Majors in 'Clambake' the bionic eye must have been working.

Joe Epositos My Home Movies of Elvis featured a clip with Lee Majors - or at least so it says in the credits. Can't say I noticed him.

Didn't Kathy Westmoreland date Lee Majors in the 70's? Someone
said on one MB that Elvis wasn't too keen on her dating him for some reason. Don't know why that should be.

He reminded me of a constipated Elvis crossed with
Roger Moore and his school of eyebrow acting.

That eyebrow was always going up -no matter what character he was playing. He's not still doing that is he? LOL

Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:28 am

Lee Majors is now 64, and still very active - since the year 2000, he's appeared in 12 films. He made a few "bionic films" in the 80s and early 90s, usually with the beautiful Lindsay Wagner as the bionic woman. I always thought Lee looked a bit like Elvis too. I remember watching the Six Million Dollar Man in the 70s, when I was about 5 or 6, and being very scared during his fights with Sasquatch.

Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:43 am

Before there was Darth Vader versus Obi-Wan Kenobi...

there was . . .

Steve Austin The Bionic Man versus The Sasquatch

That was a major TV event for a kid in the 70s (It was a 2-parter)

plus on the same level of adolescent interest was Fonzie & Pinky Tuscadero in the Demolition Derby 2-parter.

And the ultimate 1977 Urban Legend on the playground.... that Peter Criss shoved his drumsticks down Shaun Cassidy's throat for singing "Beth"

The 1970s Ruled!

Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:15 am

That's memories Graceland Gardener, I can remember the Big Foot, with Steve Austin from the mid 70's. I can also remember one with the spy probe.

Great Stuff

A bit of subject I know, but great memories.

KEEP ON ROCKIN'

Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:49 am

Steve Austin The Bionic Man vs The Sasquatch

If Majors looked like a constipated Elvis. Then the Sasquatch looked and acted remarkably like Liam Gallagher after a night on the town. Only with less body hair ( going by Patsy Kensits tape measurements of hair sprouting from Oasis band members backsides that is).

I wonder how long before the Six Million Dollar Man becomes a film franchise like other classic US TV series? I saw one of the recent Bionic TV movies featuring Majors & Wagner and it was way too slow and too talky for todays standards.

Makes you wonder what the 'King Creole' remake is going to be like. How long before Gi Elvis turns into CGI Elvis?