Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Aloha from the audience

Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:51 pm

I see the Aloha concert is to be released as an audience recording. All I want to know is...WHY? I'd also like to know how someone was able to smuggle a reel-to-reel into the H.I.C. Arena? Can't exactly fit that under your coat now can you?
If anyone here is excited about this upcoming release I apologize for sounding less than ecstatic.
Steve
-Maybe next year we'll get an audience recording of MSG and all of the On Tour shows! :lol:
Steve

Aloha

Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:35 pm

On this AR includes Elvis introduce Charlie Hodge as his general flunky plus his introduction of Jack Lord, who was in the audience.
But I also do not c a reason why I should buy this release

Sat Jul 12, 2003 2:48 pm

The complete show is available on CD in stereo, why buy a audience recording. The show is supposedly coming out unedited on the new DVD, also, so why buy an audience recording of it, unless of cause you want to listen to the audience.

Why Buy Aloha Audience Recording?

Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:15 pm

When you can get the show on cd? That dont make any sence. According to EPE the show in its entirety will be released soon on dvd as well.

Steve

Sat Jul 12, 2003 9:26 pm

“The sound should not (be) too bad for an audience recording, although you have to turn the sound up a bit to hear properly".

I must admit that had me laughing out loud. It seems the bootleggers have finally run out of ideas.

Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:33 pm

I absolutely agree with the above, we will never get these songs in better quality. But strangely enough this show has never been released with the complete, unedited in-between song dialogue. Somehow I don't think that the official DVD will be complete.
However, we don't need an audience recording of this show.

Sonny

Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:01 am

and i also agree with this we do not need the audience recording
of this show, sents we allready have this on the cd anyway,

and like some of you said the complete show well be on dvd.

Curtis Simpkins

has there a 1972 show ever came out on soundboard yet.

Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:25 am

I remember obtaining an 'audience' recording of this show about 10 years ago(for research purposes) the sound was only 'average audience' and it was ONLY of interest to hear the official edited out dialogue! not really worth bothing with!

Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:54 am

I'll stick with my official CD and the DVD when it comes.
Thankyouverymuch.

:D

Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:03 am

I would LIKE to hear good and complete audience recordings of both shows. I am completely burned out on the primary Aloha release and the Geller/Rowe Alternate release, well, <self-censored>

Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:12 am

ohnono wrote:I would LIKE to hear good and complete audience recordings of both shows. I am completely burned out on the primary Aloha release and the Geller/Rowe Alternate release, well, <self-censored>

Ohnono - you are indeed an even bigger "hardcore" fan than I .......... :wink:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I guess this is good news for all of those that profess to prefer AR's ... ! :shock:

N8
... just a fan ....