Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

The Wonderful World Of Color

Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:47 am

To Dr John

I notice that you use the non-american spelling of color ie colour.

Could this be that you are really based in Europe and not the USA as you like people to believe?

Sat Jul 12, 2003 3:21 pm

At the time of the mess during the latest presidential election in the US, Queen Elizabeth threatened to revoke the independence of the nation. Getting rid of the dyslectic American spelling on certain words was one of the first things to be done from then on, if I remember correctly.
Maybe it is just time for the Americans to get reintroduced to proper spelling 8)

Sat Jul 12, 2003 4:03 pm

A little Off-Topic, doncha think?

Sat Jul 12, 2003 7:34 pm

Hey R&R Policeman,

You said:

At the time of the mess during the latest presidential election in the US, Queen Elizabeth threatened to revoke the independence of the nation. Getting rid of the dyslectic American spelling on certain words was one of the first things to be done from then on, if I remember correctly.
Maybe it is just time for the Americans to get reintroduced to proper spelling.

Do you really think Queen Elizabeth has the power to revoke our independence? To borrow from the Toby Keith song, "we'd stick a boot up her @$$ cause it's the American way."

Sat Jul 12, 2003 10:44 pm

I once had a college roommate who liked to do the same thing (i.e. use "colour" as opposed to "color"). He also liked to date his materials like this: 12 July 2003. He is as American as apple pie and Mickey Mouse, but he just liked to make the nuts big. Not that anyone HERE would do that... :wink:

Sun Jul 13, 2003 1:49 am

I have to admit that I sometimes use the odd Americanism in my postings.

Like 'movie' for 'film' or whatever.

This is because there are so many US posters here !

Can't say why the Doc would do this in reverse.

Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:45 am

Well I got into trouble once for making light of the differences in spelling when I asked if the song US Male was about the American postal service. The biggest misunderstanding was that no one realised it was a joke.

I don't think the Doc is from Europe - he wouldn't end a reply to one of the UK posters "Pip! Pip!" if he were. No one has ever used the term Pip! Pip! except in old b&w films and US Movies portraying English stereotypes.

Tally Ho Old Chap!

Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:53 am

i'm American but have a tendency to spell "theatre" instead of "theater"

and spectre instead of specter

and sometimes spell "supercalifragilisticexpealidocious" instead of the Yankee version "superkaliphragalistikexpeealidoeschiush"

:wink:

Sun Jul 13, 2003 9:59 am

Aluminium or Aluminum?

Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:02 am

[quote="paulwood"]I don't think the Doc is from Europe - he wouldn't end a reply to one of the UK posters "Pip! Pip!" if he were.quote]

I don't recall him ever signing off with "Cheerio" but he did once write "rice crispies"

Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:13 am

Don't tell me he's from Oz. :lol:

:roll:

Mon Jul 14, 2003 11:34 am

He's not fair dinkum enough to be from Australia, Sam. He's definately not a dinky die Aussie.

Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:23 pm

The Doc is an enigma for sure. He scatters quite a few "clues" through his posts that may or may not mean a thing. I think he's playing a very clever game. I'm also half sure, but only half, that we know of him in another capacity.

Only time and then only with the Doc's co-operation will we know.

Though, I am 100% certain he's not Charlie Hodge! :lol:

Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:09 pm

tupelo_boy wrote:The Doc is an enigma for sure. He scatters quite a few "clues" through his posts that may or may not mean a thing. I think he's playing a very clever game. I'm also half sure, but only half, that we know of him in another capacity.

Only time and then only with the Doc's co-operation will we know.

Though, I am 100% certain he's not Charlie Hodge! :lol:

Maybe he's Ernst or Roger! :D
No, just kiddin'...

I think the Doc is okay!
And he's sharing valuable information to us in his messages, let's not forget that!

Br
Kristian

Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:22 pm

You're right Kristian, the Doc is OK and he does know his stuff.
I can live with his insults. :wink:

:D

Mon Jul 14, 2003 4:43 pm

<Getting rid of the dyslectic American spelling on certain words was one of the first things to be done from then on, if I remember correctly.

If I were you, I wouldn't make fun of the way Americans spell things until I could actually spell Dyslexic correctly myself.

Greg

Re: The Wonderful World Of Color

Mon Jul 14, 2003 8:54 pm

KiwiAlan wrote:To Dr John

I notice that you use the non-american spelling of color ie colour.

Could this be that you are really based in Europe and not the USA as you like people to believe?

All things are possible.

Mon Jul 14, 2003 9:08 pm

Graceland Gardener wrote:
paulwood wrote:I don't think the Doc is from Europe - he wouldn't end a reply to one of the UK posters "Pip! Pip!" if he were.quote]

I don't recall him ever signing off with "Cheerio" but he did once write "rice crispies"

Graceland Gardener

Your photograph took my breath away, love it, love it, love it!

Iris
"Girlhappy" now I'm girlhappier