Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
Ton Bruins
Registered for: 19 years 5 months

Elvis video In Concert; You Tube

Post by Ton Bruins »

I think this is a very nice video at some points.

N880EP

Post by N880EP »

A number of EPE's "reasons" for not releasing EIC are obsolete and completely invalid:

1. It would deconstruct the rehabilitated "image" of EP.

- I would argue that choice of merchanising deals and other "official" endorsements of similar garbage (eg: Jonathan Rhesus' comedy) have & are doing more significant damage.

2. They don't want the footage in the wrong hands for all to see.

- It already is, & is becoming more & more so with time. A cursory review of many comments (on the youtube site) is further evidence that the material has a positive effect as well. (Not a surprise to me, ........ for this I've always known).

---------------------------------------

Generally speaking: sweeping something under the rug doesn't mean it's gonna stay there.

Old argument, I know, .................... but never say "never." :wink: :lol:

N8
... just an EIC fan ....

Scatter
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Post by Scatter »

Agreed..........but surely you know the huddled masses could never handle the knowledge that Elvis was overweight and overmedicated.

It's best to keep them in the dark. SHHHHHHHH..........they'll never know if we don't release EIC :lol:

Post by Guest »

N880EP wrote:A number of EPE's "reasons" for not releasing EIC are obsolete and completely invalid:

1. It would deconstruct the rehabilitated "image" of EP.

- I would argue that choice of merchanising deals and other "official" endorsements of similar garbage (eg: Jonathan Rhesus' comedy) have & are doing more significant damage.

2. They don't want the footage in the wrong hands for all to see.

- It already is, & is becoming more & more so with time. A cursory review of many comments (on the youtube site) is further evidence that the material has a positive effect as well. (Not a surprise to me, ........ for this I've always known).

---------------------------------------

Generally speaking: sweeping something under the rug doesn't mean it's gonna stay there.

Old argument, I know, .................... but never say "never." :wink: :lol:

N8
... just an EIC fan ....

Obviously E looks awful on the Hollywood 77 show, but I think he looks great on the love letters show. I love the pics from that show.

Gregory Nolan Jr.
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

Lately, I've turned off the TV just to wade through Youtube, Elvis and otherwise. Great site! I can tell from the comments that there are a lot of casual fans and folks just browsing who are liking many of the Elvis material that's there.

And that may just be another must-have DVD !

Re: CBS TV-Special
N8 and Scatter, I hear what you're saying, but I see both sides of it. Right now, only a few folks relative to the whole population look at Youtube, where quite a bit of late-period Elvis can be found, especially the '77 CBS Special in various clips. Might the poor quality scare off people, and prevent the "bad" Elvis from being seen? I doubt that. It's pretty watchable as a rule.

Won't even a limited version of EIC end up on Youtube, all cut up, song by song? This I fully expect.

Some of that might be good (I"m a fan of good parts of the show but the rest may be rightly seen as a disaster.

More than one moron has even posted just the talking portion of the infamous "Are You Lonesome Tonight" from the broadcast, in fact calling it, and representing kind of an exhibit "A" of sorts:

"Ever Watch Elvis Drunk In Concert?"

Not to start another '77 CBS discussion again.... :roll: :lol:

This fan-made trailer has its moments, but do see one of the crueler comments about the fan's editing techniques!

"Elvis In Concert" (CBS TV Special): Fan-Made "Trailer"

And one of the main highlights in an otherwise sad broadcast:

"How Great Thou Art" '77

Last edited by Gregory Nolan Jr. on Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:55 am, edited 7 times in total.

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality

Scott Haigh 781990EP
Registered for: 18 years 3 months

Post by Scott Haigh 781990EP »

Thanks so much for sharing the Love letter footage. Damn that looked like a great, great, great show for late 76. I can't believe how good that stuff is- Great version of America! What looked to me great versions of What now my love and Bridge, and the most dramatic version of 'How great thou art' i've seen, thank ya very much for sharing!

I'm like a stranger, like a stranger in my own hometown
My so called friends stopped being friendly, oh but you can't keep a good man down

http://www.myspace.com/musicprisoner

Post by Guest »

Scott Haigh 781990EP wrote:Thanks so much for sharing the Love letter footage. Damn that looked like a great, great, great show for late 76. I can't believe how good that stuff is- Great version of America! What looked to me great versions of What now my love and Bridge, and the most dramatic version of 'How great thou art' i've seen, thank ya very much for sharing!
on the dvd, all of those songs are complete too.

BigredG
Registered for: 19 years 6 months
Location: Coming in through the bathroom window, protected by a silver spoon, whilst sitting on a cornflake

Post by BigredG »

Love Letters Fom Nevada is definitely one of the best audience recorded cds. Very good show including the amazing spoken What Now My Love. The December '76 Vegas stint is very much a mixture of poor and outstanding!!

Nice video clips - I am sut=re the DVD must be excellent.