Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Lisa Marie on Top Of The Pops

Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:54 pm

I'm guessing she was singing live? (it's so hard to tell nowadays!) if she was it was an excellent performance. Don't know about anybody else but it certainly left me with goose bumps!!

Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:00 pm

Hey, I also watched it and it seemed that she was singing live indeed. Heard a second voice in the background too (her own).

In the beginning she came accross somewhat forced like she was singing in the wrong key or something. Toward the end everything looked and sounded great especially when she gave that grin. It seems that when the presley's start smiling the whole world lightens up.

Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:15 pm

Yes, she was singing live. I thought she did a terrific job on the song. But what was she wearing?!! Not at all feminine. She was dressed like a seventeen year old guy! Nice sneer though and a shaky leg too!

For people who missed it - they were listing the top 5 father/spouse, before Lisa's performance.

Julian and John Lennon were shown, with pictures of each. Even Frank and Nancy Sinatra got a mention (with a nice picture of them both).

Guess what nice Elvis picture they had? NOTHING! But it gets worse!

The picture next to Lisa was... AN IMPERSONATOR!! :shock: I kid you not! A damn IMPERSONATOR! I don't know if they were trying to fool the audience, as his head was bowed. But he had on a most rediculous looking jumpsuit, oh yeah... and he was wearing a wig! You couldn't possibly be fooled - unless you were the unsuspecting non-Elvis fan.

The still of Lisa was the pool shot from Michael Jackson's video.

Perhaps the BBC couldn't get the rights to show a real picture of Elvis, but an impersonator?! And they were trying to pass it off as being Elvis.

What's wrong with showing the real Elvis? Even "A Little Less Conversation" didn't show any Elvis. Are they "Elvis Phobic" at the BBC?

Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:36 pm

Getlo you make a good point there. The fact that they showed this picture of this fool next to Lisa tells of course enough about the level of intelligence of the program makers of TOTP.

Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:47 am

Wonder what Lisa thought of that! That is ridiculous!