Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Houston press conference

Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:09 pm

I remember seeing the Houston press conference but can't remember which video it was on. Could anyone enlighten me?

Fri Jul 11, 2003 6:22 pm

Bits appear on several videos - one of the lengthier versions I belive is on the 'Rare Moments With The King' video on the Good Times label.

The Great Performances and George Kleins 'Elvis Memories' also feature footage from the Houston interview.

Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:49 pm

I don't know why they don't put out the complete press conferences on DVD, the Memphis 1960, Houston 70, Madison Square, Aloha conferences etc.

There was a copy on video of the Houston and Madison Square conferences, going round in the mid eighties....... supposedly complete.

But I never actually got hold of a copy, I did see a copy of it, at an Elvis event but can't remember if they the two conferences were complete or not.

I can remember Elvis being presented with a Gold Record backstage at the Madison Square Garden press conference, and also remember Vernon talking.

KEEP ON ROCKIN'

Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:56 pm

Hi Joe

Absolutely agree - the complete press conferences would make for a great compilation. I don't know of the video you mention - to date I have never found what I know to be a complete Houston Press Conference.

On the upgraded Aloha DVD - the ideal presentation would include the press conference(s) footage too (and complete !)

Fri Jul 11, 2003 8:01 pm

Hope so Clint, both of them.

That would be great.

The complete show or both shows and both the press conferences on DVD.

Ace