Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

What is wrong with the Elvis world!???

Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:48 pm

It never ceases to amaze me...

If not even Elvis fans can't come along fine with each other, then it's no wonder that there's constantly WAR going on in this world!

Come on guys, get a grip!

Br
Kristian

Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:01 pm

Same here.... I've posted my own findings about these two releases (since I have them both).... The following was what I've posted as a comment about the article (by now it has already been deleted by the censors at elvisnews.com):

As a huge Elvis fan, I can appreciate every Elvis release that's released with the intention to please other Elvis fans.

I HATE audience recordings that are released with poor artwork and with the audio running on a wrong speed. Common, how hard is it to adjust the speed properly before you release it? Those low-budget releases are obviously not released by fans, and only to make some cash....

The Perfect Gift however is a CDR. But don't worry, it's not a home-made CDR, but a fabric-made. The toplevel is silver and has a the title pressed on top. Only the other side shows that we're dealing with a CDR. The artwork is stunning. Lots of 'official' (read: pressed) import labels can take an example from it. Since the artwork is pressed (and not made by a deskjet printer or something), the pictures are sharp and bright. No difference with any 'official' import release.

So far so good... how about the sound? Is it really 'telephone-quality'? I don't think so. I have both titles, so I will listen to the two to hear if the soundquality really differs much. Well, both titles are really good (for an audience recording). But they used a different style of remastering. The Lonestar release is more dynamic, but has lots of noise and the sound is sometimes too 'sharp'. The Triangle version is less dynamic, but don't has noise. The advantage of the Triangle is that you get used to the 'less-dynamic' sound, while the noise on the LoneStar release keeps 'bothering'. You can boost up the Triangle release by adding some more bass (or use the 'loudness' button on your receiver)....

So when I have to advise one, I'd go for the Triangle. They did a good job for their first release, and made the product as proffesional as possible. From artwork to sound, it's great (and nowhere near the 'telephone quality'). I think that if this release would have been released as a pressed CD, everybody would call this one as the winner.

I'd rather have a proffesional made CDR, than a lousy 'official' (pressed) CD (not referring to The Man In White though ;)

Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:23 pm

Everyone seems to have a problem with the first site you mentioned, Emiel, hence the "disneyfication"of its name on this site.