Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

New update on FECC ( Ernst Jorgensen interview )

Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:50 am

Hi !

We just made an update on our site. You can access to it on the welcome page at www-elvis-collectors.com or click on the left menu on section ' Ask Ernst '.

FECC Team

Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:19 am

Ernst's comments regarding an FTD box set sounds promising.

Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:05 pm

As always, Ernst is very good at telling us virtually nothing in his interviews, but I agree that a future FTD box-set looks promising!

I sure hope Turner eventually wakes up and think about re-release On Tour! A shame if we don't get more material from On Tour, if not!

Too bad that BMG doesn't have that many soundboard recordings from Vegas February 74, but hopefully they'll manage to "fix" the ones they've got.

No Ann Margret songs on Viva Las Vegas FTD Special Soundtrack; No loss!

Br
Kristian

ERNST & HIS NEWS.

Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:22 pm

As always, Ernst holds his cards tight! I understand him! I like the way he works, because it always gives him the oportunity to change course.
The critics would be all over him if he gives away too much, and then change his mind to do something else instead!
His main course is set, and that's enough for me. In what order the goods appear, doesn't really matter.
As for the ON TOUR material, we'd better push on the film company to re-release ON TOUR. Then, maybe the occasion might occure for BMG/EPE to get their wheels running.

Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:00 pm

We might have minor problems with what Ernst has done but let's be thankful for all the good progress that has been made in recent years.
He's like a politician in his answers but considering the politics at play in the Elvis world I don't blame him.
rick

Fri Jul 11, 2003 1:21 pm

I'm a bit puzzeled by Ernst's comment regarding the shortage of soundboards from Vegas in early 74'. Most of those shows were commited to soundboard which leaves one to wonder where they are if not in the hands of RCA/BMG? It's surprising we've not yet seen even one soundboard from this period since the tapes seem to have wondered off. Or it could be that these shows were not recorded in the frequency that has been reported in the first place? Very interesting.
An FTD box set...bring it on!!!!!!!
Steve

Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:56 pm

I liken these Ernst interviews to most of Maurice's post. Ton's of quantity, but very, very little quality.

Tom

Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:25 pm

+++ We will eventually release a show from every Vegas or Tahoe season, and most tours - of course limited by the fact that there's a lot that we don't have on soundboard. We are always looking for new tapes.

Ain't that promising? :lol:

But than also a major downpoint: no songs with Ann Margret on the Viva Las Vegas FTD... no studio chatter between the two lovebirds, no outtakes, nothing..... Would Priscilla have anything to do with that? ;)

Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:59 pm

Ernst has become quite the "artful dodger" with some of his answers. Regarding the EOT query I was dismayed to read that they're going to wait until Warner/Turner decides to re-release the film, given that Warner/Turner seems to be "sitting on their hands" on making this decision! At the very least I feel that 1 of the 3 remaining shows should be released on FTD in the near future. Then the EOT box could consist of the other 2 shows plus the rehearsals and studio outtakes.

Fri Jul 11, 2003 7:17 pm

If Warner/Turner can't see the time is right for a re-release of "On Tour" then I don't know when they ever will. :(

8)

Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:57 pm

At least he confirms that BMG only holds four shows from the April 1972 tour in their archives which ends some of the speculations regarding what they actually have.

Box set on FTD would be great as long as it´s not a sort of "The Best Of FTD" set.

Sincerely MB280E

Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:09 pm

MB280E wrote:At least he confirms that BMG only holds four shows from the April 1972 tour in their archives which ends some of the speculations regarding what they actually have.

Box set on FTD would be great as long as it´s not a sort of "The Best Of FTD" set.

Sincerely MB280E

"There are no current plans, but as most people know we have 3 other concerts and some rehearsals."

I think that Ernst is only refering to the three other concerts that were filmed and profesionally recorded for Elvis On Tour. It says nothing about if they have / don´t have any soundboards from this april 1972 tour :wink:

Kind regards,
Stefan

Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:12 pm

Tom in North Carolina wrote:I liken these Ernst interviews to most of Maurice's post. Ton's of quantity, but very, very little quality.

Tom, I disagree.

Ernst's interviews offer the best possible response to a very intense fan base, carefully balancing his position in the Presley world as an archivist, scholar, fan AND employee of BMG.

Maury's posts are always self-promoting drivel, often coupled with a most odd obsession regarding statues.

Mon Jul 14, 2003 10:37 pm

Thank You Ernst, for all the great Elvis releases over the years and your hard work & dedication! You are much appreciated in my camp. :D
JEFF d
Elvis fan!

Tue Jul 15, 2003 12:55 am

Well, it's sure good to see 'Ask Ernst' back !!

Wonder what caused the change of heart !

Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:31 am

John -

Don't blame the weather for your lousy jokes ! :lol:

It reminds me of the old kids TV show hosted by Michael Aspel called 'Ask Aspel'.

Apparently thousands of the little 'uns viewing thought his first name was 'Ask' !!

Tue Jul 15, 2003 1:56 am

The box set on the ftd whould be nice, but would you pay
over $98.00 for this set, on the box ste of close up and other box sets
you payed $70.00 for them, and now if ftd comes out of there own
it will coast you$98.00 to$150.00 for this set.

i know i would not pay that kinda of money for them, and on the price of the single cd from ftd the price is now $30.00 to $40.00 for a cd
when ever you by youre cds.

curtis simpkins