Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Greensboro April 14, 1972 out on CD

Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:41 pm

Anybody of you read the fantastic news about the forthcoming release of the Greensboro show?
I not only found a flyer for this release but also a sample (original sound compared to sound of the new release) of Never been to Spain - and this one truely seems like a winner! Keep it comin'... :D :D :D

All info from http://elvis-presley-superstar.de

Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:00 pm

Isn't this the same as the import Sweet Carolina released on Vicky some time ago in good soundboard quality?

Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:08 pm

I downloaded the sample, but it's not STEREO??
Is something wrong with my ears?

Thu Jul 10, 2003 2:53 pm

Hi!

If this is an upcoming "Import" cd, I think I'll just wait for BMG/FTD to release the rest of the Elvis on Tour stuff.

Now that San Antonio is released on Close Up, I expect that Ernst & co will release most of the rest pretty soon...

Br
Kristian

Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:03 pm

Maurice wrote:I downloaded the sample, but it's not STEREO??
Is something wrong with my ears?

Maurice - It was *recorded* in stereo! They didn't say anything about it being released in stereo, did they??! LOL!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

The fantastic TRIANGLE PRODUCTIONS proudly presents a CD-Release that will blow you away:

Recorded in stereo and digitally remastered at the Graceland Studios:

Now out in mono!!!

Thu Jul 10, 2003 3:07 pm

If this indeed is released in MONO, well...
Then the Import label REALLY need an attractive flyer! :lol:

Br
Kristian

Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:19 pm

Great concert, but I think your better of waiting, I reckon it will eventually come out officially, along with the rest of the shows from "On Tour".

KEEP ON ROCKIN'

Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:50 pm

hmm...it may not be in stereo, but it has improved in sound quite a lot compared to the uneven and often annoying sound of "Sweet Carolina".

I also think that this sample is released in mono only in order to hold back the stereo versions for the CD.

And for my part I don't see an official release of that particular show in the near future.

My guess would be that Hampton Roads will find its way on some EoT box set together with some of the rehearsal stuff and whatsoever.

The Richmond show could be a possible release for a future FTD release (especially for it contains It's over), but that would most probably be a couple of month after the not even officially planned EoT set...

So, why not settle for a cd of that show that will be released in much improved sound (compared to the old Vicky release) and most probably even in stereo? :?
Last edited by elVis112 on Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:51 pm

Who cares about the CD? Where can I buy that flyer?

Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:52 pm

*lol*
that's THE man! *g*

Thu Jul 10, 2003 6:58 pm

With the software that’s commonly available now for cleaning up audio tracks we are seeing more old bootleg titles appear in “improved sound”, and in most cases I think it’s reasonable to assume that same source tape has been used on both the original and the “improved” edition. I’m not saying this will be the case with the forthcoming Triangle release, as I haven’t heard it, but I seriously doubt that the recording will be taken from RCA’s multi track master tapes, and therefore, as I already own the “Sweet Carolina” CD, I’m quite happy to wait for an official release before I buy this show again.

greensboro

Thu Jul 10, 2003 7:24 pm

I've listened also to this sample. I must admit, if this is a new "import" release than it would be a nice one for al those fans who doesn't have the Sweet Carolina CD that was released several years ago. The sound is good enough to release as a "new" bootleg (or import) but it is definately not stereo.

I must agree with some people who already post some reactions: let's wait until the FTD people maybe release some more exciting On Tour stuff. Those bootleggers only want to fill their pockets! (and maybe RCA/BMG/FTD too, but at least this comes from our "own" recordlabel).

Ofcourse, the "import producers" came up with some very nice stuff in the past, but i'd rather buy 10 more FTD's then 1 bootleg/import.

Fri Jul 11, 2003 5:51 am

rockinrebel wrote:With the software that’s commonly available now for cleaning up audio tracks we are seeing more old bootleg titles appear in “improved sound”, and in most cases I think it’s reasonable to assume that same source tape has been used on both the original and the “improved” edition. I’m not saying this will be the case with the forthcoming Triangle release, as I haven’t heard it, but I seriously doubt that the recording will be taken from RCA’s multi track master tapes, and therefore, as I already own the “Sweet Carolina” CD, I’m quite happy to wait for an official release before I buy this show again.

Hi RR!

I have to admit that I was quite surprised with the sound quality of this audio sample.
I agree that this is obviously not presented in stereo but this sample does not sound like a direct soundboard recording.
The instrument levels and vocals are too well placed which is not usually evident with
soundboard recordings (although I know there are exceptions)
It seems as though this has been mixed but I can't say with certainty.
However, it is a far cry from the Vicky release (much better, I mean!)
Last edited by elvis-fan on Fri Jul 11, 2003 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:44 am

I just spoke to Marc H. from elvis-presley-superstar.de about the discussion on this board concerning this short sample.

He agrees that this is just a plain mono sample but also is confident that this is due to bad mp3 production and has nothing to do with the fact that this will be a true stereo release.

Marc has been so kind to offer the full version of "Never been to Spain" on his site for download to get a better impression of the overall sound.

And I think elvis-fan got it right when he said that the sound is way above the usual soundboard quality we all got used to.

This may not be taken directly from the multitrack masters but I strongly think that this will be the closest we will get there for quite some time.

Meanwhile you should simply enjoy the new and COMPLETE sample of "Never been to Spain" from For a direct download just click here:
Last edited by elVis112 on Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:12 pm

Wow, just check that site for the sample of this CD. I have all (but 2) of the Vicky releases, and I must say: it's amazing to hear how the sound has improved!

Let's hope the rest of the On Tour material will be re-released soon (either by BMG or another label). Coz listening to CD4 of Close Up and the sample of the Greenboro show, just makes you wanting more....

I always loved the Vicky releases (not paying notice to the awefull, cheap artwork), but now you can compare the the "old" (Vicky's releases are from 1990) and the new versions. Suddenly the old releases just don't sound so good anymore (knowing the modern possibilties of sound improvement)....

Keep up the work!

Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:47 pm

Thanks for your support on this one, Albert! I was starting to think that I would be the only one enjoying this sample on the board ... and the only one buying this CD... :roll: :D
C'mon you guys....were did you loose your enthusiasm? Have you lost it on your last FTD? :P

Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:14 pm

Yeah, I don't understand the hotile attitude from fellow Elvis fans towards this (and other) releases?

I have the Vicky release. Vicky won't re-release the On Tour material. Triangle suprices us with this "new" album. And to be honoust: I don't care how they improved the sound, why they re-released it and what their source is. The only thing I care for is that an album will be re-released with much better sound than the 13-year old original, and stored with beautifuk artwork. If Vicky won't do it, let someone else do it.

And again, lots of people are already complaining... why? Because the sound is improved? Because people (who don't own Vicky's version) get the opportunity to buy an excellent show?

I think that these are the same people that Ernst referred to when he said that the critism of those people are getting him down. It's seems a hard thing trying to please the fans. I welcome every release that's released to please the fans. And if I don't like it, I don't buy it. Better next time.....

Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:23 pm

There seems no reason to be critical of this CD at the moment - the sound sample indeed sounds impressive, the artwork promises to be impressive too if the flyer is any indication and if you have the Vicky CD (as I do) you don't <b>have</b> to buy the Triangle version do you.

If any CD's deserve criticism it is shoddy grab the money as fast as you can discs that run at the wrong speed, have crappy artwork and are CDr's into the bargain pretending to be pressed discs.

Just my opinion.