Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
stalnaker
Registered for: 19 years 10 months

Newbie Question??

Post by stalnaker »

I have a copy of the show(s) from August 16, 1997. There are two disks--the first disk has 30 tracks, the second disk has 27 disks.

Could someone please help me in finding the correct set lists? The ones that I have are clearly incorrect.

Any help would be deeply appreciated!!

Tom in North Carolina
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

Here is the 2006 Song Lineup, as reported by EPE:

Act 1
Theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey/Opening Vamp
See See Rider (Aloha)
Burning Love (Aloha)
Steamroller Blues (Aloha)
Love Me (Aloha)
I Can't Stop Loving You (Aloha)
Elvis introduces the band.
Johnny B. Goode (Aloha)
You Gave Me a Mountain (Aloha)
That's All Right (TTWII)
Hound Dog (TTWII)
Don't Be Cruel (TTWII)
Heartbreak Hotel (TTWII)
Are You Lonesome Tonight (TTWII)
All Shook Up (TTWII)
Blue Suede Shoes (TTWII)
Love Me Tender (TTWII)
In the Ghetto (TTWII)

Sweet, Sweet Spirit
Performed by The Stamps Quartet.

How Great Thou Art
Elvis performance audio is his Grammy-winning Memphis 1974 concert recording of this song for which no footage exists. Performance footage from "Elvis On Tour" is adapted for our show.

If I Can Dream ('68 Special)

INTERMISSION
Music videos for the Elvis remix singles A Little Less Conversation and Rubberneckin' screened.

ACT 2

Sweet Inspiration
Performed by Myrna Smith and the other female vocalists.

Trouble ('68 Special)
Polk Salad Annie (TTWII)
You've Lost That Loving Feeling (TTWII)
You Don't Have To Say You Love Me (TTWII)
Mystery Train/Tiger Man (TTWII)
Bridge Over Troubled Water (TTWII)
The Wonder Of You (TTWII)
Suspicious Minds (TTWII)
I'll Remember You (Aloha)
What Now My Love (Aloha)
Long Tall Sally/Whole Lotta Shakin' Goin' On (Aloha)
A Big Hunk O' Love (Aloha)
My Way (Aloha)
An American Trilogy (Aloha)
Can't Help Falling In Love (Aloha)
Closing Vamp

Don't know how accurate it is, though.

Tom

thefunkyangel
Registered for: 19 years 6 months

Post by thefunkyangel »

We were very fortunate to witness this 'historic' event! What an awesome show, even down to 'break - down' version of Suspicious Minds! Absolutely amazing! Truly a once in a lifetime experience! Even Charlie was there, bless his drunken - poofy arse! Cheers!

Tom in North Carolina

Post by Tom in North Carolina »

I've heard Charlie called many, many things, but "poofy arse" ain't one of them. :wink:

Tom

KHoots

Post by KHoots »

thefunkyangel wrote:We were very fortunate to witness this 'historic' event! What an awesome show, even down to 'break - down' version of Suspicious Minds! Absolutely amazing! Truly a once in a lifetime experience! Even Charlie was there, bless his drunken - poofy arse! Cheers!
Indeed, what an fabulous event that was. I will always remember the emotion in the building that night, as it was the first of that kind of show. I also will never forget the TCB Band members scrambling to autograph as many items as possible while the Mid-South Coliseum brass tried to get everyone out.

Funkster--it sickens me to think you and I were in the same arena without sharing a cold one, buddy! :D

PEP

Post by PEP »

In the mood for writing today, so I thought I would express a few fond memories of this concert......

The 97' show truly was amazing and ironically I along with my family almost didn't go at all...that night....

I had to be talked into going by a few of my friends where ironically I ended up with better seats then they did....in the long run by default...

Being that the show was SOLD out weeks or months prior we ended up buying scalper tickets to beable to go...that night.

Originally during the first half of the show my wife ended up sitting at the far end of the arena and our daughter ended up on the main floor, same row as where Jerry Shilling was sitting with his entourage and I ended up originally sitting off to the side off the floor.....

After we were assigned our seats and watched the first half..... during intermission I noticed my daughter's row had disappeared not knowing at the time Shilling had been sitting in her row next to her.....(where before he left he happen to sign my daughters ticket for her)......

Anyway during the intermission I was able to bring down my wife from the back where we were able to sit with our daughter which I believe was like 10 rows back or something like that......

Thanks to my friends who talked me into going I along with thousands witnessed History !.......

Not only did this concert give one the feeling of what it must have been like to be at an actual Elvis Concert, but we really were going to see and hear Elvis at his Best performing at his Best with a Live Band and just not any band, but most of the originals band members now called the TCB Band were up there on that stage too......an even tho we had seen most of the Elvis footage a million times before it all seem new again.....with the respect of seeing some new footage or different camera angles this just added to the icing on the cake and the excitement of wanting more, more, more.......

I remember the feeling I got like I'm sure so many got that night which was for those first few minutes during the 2001 theme intro while some of the Memphis Mafia Members followed a Black Stretched Limo headed towards the back of the stage, leaving one to believe for minutes that maybe the rumours had been true all these years and that what we were about to see was not just Elvis on the big screen of filmed material recorded so many years earlier, but we where going to see Elvis in the flesh....a cruel joke it might have been if it were true but all would have been forgiven if that man would have really appeared on that stage that night.....

Nevertheless it was not to be, Elvis was really gone, Hey, we may have all knew it any way but EPE sure did a beauty by doing what they did it made one believe if only for a moment Elvis was back. He was, just not in the flesh but brought back to life on the big screen which really, really worked nonetheless...because of the atomsphere and the because of the Live Band.....

Seeing and hearing Ronnie Tutt was pretty cool for me as well, infact one of the reasons I originally wasn't planing on going was because I had seen the show EPE put on with the syphony a year earlier and prior going to this concert I had No idea Elvis' band and back up singers were going to be reassembled for this concert until it was pointed out to me by my friends, because I can tell you I wasn't all that impressed the syphony especially when they ruined "Poll Salad Annie".

They just didn't have that same Beat that "Tutt" could pound out...nor could they duplicate the great lead Guitar riff, "James Burtin" could put out .....not to forget Jerry's pounding Bass....

All in all these guys still had it...and they were glue that made it all work......

Another bonus that night for me anyway was getting to see Priscilla and Lisa for the first time which was another cherished moment and of course seeing and hearing the Duet between Elvis and Lisa left everyone in that Coliseum feeling pretty proud......

After the 97' show I got to see two shows in NY in 98'.....One in Vegas and one In Memphis prior to the 25th and then the 25th....but nothing compared to the first show, the 25th was close...but the excitement and the not knowingly and the satisfaction received from seeing that first concert was a once in a life time experience !

Looking forward to the 30th.......

PEP 8)