Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Original, Unreleased shots of Elvis in KS and NE!

Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:52 am

Not sure how to kill off the last thread, wanted to give this a new start since I messed up in explaining exactly what I was up to in the last post and people didn't quite get it.

So, just so everyone knows it's not more like before, two never-before-seen pictures of Elvis from the 12-27-76 Wichita, KS performance are on the site.

They're the first of hopefully many MANY pictures that will be exclusive to the site, and as I seid in a previous post, they may not be professional shots, but new pics of Elvis are always cool to me, hope you think so, too. :)
Last edited by MikeMcCoy on Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:17 am

Hello Mike,

that are quite nice pictures. I've never seen them before. Well done :) !

I hope you didn't understand my comments to your first picture not the wrong way, because I didn't want to offend you.

I only like 'untouched' pictures from our man - that's all. Leave them as they are :wink: ...

Kind regards, Jörn

Wed Jul 09, 2003 2:49 am

Hi, Joern!

No offense taken, it was actually my fault.. I should have said that this was an idea for a "test cover" for something, and not just said that I had a pic of Elvis up.

I'm glad you like the pictures! You'll be amazed at some of the other shots, too. Very cool stuff. And since Fernette is a member of our Society, the pictures will be exclusive to the site.

Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:23 am

Now <b>that's</b> more like it !

Nice pictures Mike - thank's for sharing.

Wed Jul 09, 2003 3:28 am

The image on the left nicely captures the spirit of the December 1976 tour.

Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:01 am

Nice stuff Mike. :D

8)

Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:47 am

Got more shots put up now, so I changed the title of this post, shots from Lincoln, NE, June 20, 1977.

Hope you like 'em!

Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:45 pm

Hi Mike! Nice shots from the Lincoln show!
The guy in the first picture looks like he's going to grab E by the short and curly's!!! LOL!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Did you superimpose the reflection of Elvis into that last shot? (you can see his face in the upper right-hand corner)

Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:05 pm

Can you please put a direct link up? For some reason when I go to your site I only get an option for Index (no links) History (which isn't available yet) or Clips (which has all of the remix stuff) but no pics :roll:

Wed Jul 09, 2003 7:25 pm

Nice pictures. What's the deal with the floating Elvis head image in the bottom right hand pic from June 20th?

Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:11 pm

Hi, Jon!

I'm sorry you're having that trouble... try changing the PC resolution to 1024 X 768, and you'll see everything.... unless someone can tell me how to put a scroll bar in a frame... here's the link to the pics:

http://www.eapsociety.com/pictures.htm

To RSH and Elvis-Fan... OOPS! Wrong picture... I was messing with that one... I'll put the regular one I wanted up there shortly.. thanks for letting me know about that!

And one thing I forgot for Elvis-Fan, the hand in the picture is female. The look on Elvis' face was just perfect, I thought.. lol

Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:35 pm

Great to see the pictures Mike. Thank you for letting us see them.

It's good to see Elvis looking happy in the shots from June 20th. And the stage seems pretty low - pretty dangerous too, judging by how close the lady's hand has gotten!!

If she had got any closer, Elvis could have sang ALL of "It's Now Or Never"... including Sherril's part! :shock:

Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:59 am

Cool Pictures, Mike! Keep Up The Good Work at the EAP society!

Thu Jul 10, 2003 1:43 am

He does appear to be well and in good spirits in those Lincoln pictures, which the audience recording of the show also reflects. What a difference a day (and the absence of the CBS cameras) makes! He really looks strikingly better to me.

All the photos are great!

Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:33 am

any photos from college park sept 74?

Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:46 am

Thanks, everybody!

Hi, Tulsa,

Sadly, no.. Fernette attended 10 Elvis concerts between 74 and 77, most in 76 and 77. She has pictures from most of the concerts, as well as audio from 6 of them that she taped with a little recorder, some of which didn't turn out too bad!

She even visited Graceland in May of 77, and has some neat pictures of the house and grounds.

We'll have more of her pictures soon, but we thought we'd give everybody a bit of time to enjoy the current batch. :)

Mon Jul 14, 2003 5:44 pm

Hi Mike and Hello to Everyone!
I've been out of town for a few days (as you know Mike), and having just returned and read all the nice compliments on my pics of ELVIS...I'd just like to thank each of you!
They definitely are NOT professional pics...however, they are mine and if you are an ELVIS fan...you just can't ever get enough of ELVIS pics!
I love to share ELVIS stories (only wish I had more!) and I enjoy hearing others! Again, can't hear too many ELVIS stories!
Have a GREAT ELVIS day!

TCE With TLC Always,
Fernette

Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:40 pm

Yeah, they are great pictures! Before these ones, I´ve only been able to find one picture from the Lincoln show, so that was especially nice. I´ve always thought he looks much better on that June tour (apart from Kansas City and Omaha) than on the May ´77 tour...

Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:02 pm

Prince D...I have to agree with you...ELVIS did look great in June (best in Lincoln & Des Moines shows of the three I attended) even though the "ELVIS In Concert" TV special(which I taped from orginal airing in October of 1977) didn't do ELVIS justice...
AND his whole persona was awesome in Lincoln & Des Moines in comparison to Kansas City! ELVIS was in a GREAT mood in both of those shows!
One short story...in Lincoln...as several of us girls were sitting rather close to the stage...we yelled, "Unchained Melody" to which ELVIS responded to us AFTER he walked over towards us..."You want to hear Unchained Melody? OK...but it'll take just a minute...I...I...I'm going to play it on the piano!" WOW...I'll never forget that! ELVIS accepted our request to sing a song...even though I'm sure it was on his list of songs to do! He made us feel like it was our idea!!! LOL...but of course, that was ELVIS...obiliging as possible to us...his fans!
As Mike has already told you, I do have lots more pics of ELVIS, (about
25-30 in Lincoln alone!) some better than others...BUT they are ELVIS and they are mine, so they are of course, priceless to me!

TCE With TLC Always!
Fernette

Mon Jul 14, 2003 7:13 pm

Thank you very much for sharing your wonderful pictures and your great story Fernette. It's especially nice to hear the good stories about seeing Elvis in 1977.

Judging by your pictures, you had fantastic seats!