Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Lonely Man

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:22 pm

Here I am come meet a lonely, lonely man.

Isn't this a beautiful song? They just played it on Sirius Radio. The quality of Elvis' voice is amazing and it is one that I never get tired of.

That guy had something we'll never see again.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:38 pm

It really is a great track, and it is just fine with as little instrumentation as possible. Elvis's vocal is beautiful.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:44 pm

Which version Rob? The solo version with just guitar is really REALLY good...

But yes I agree with you - that's always been one of my favorites, since I first heard it on Golden Records Vol 4...

Rich

Tue Jun 06, 2006 8:45 pm

Beautiful song..really..

Re: Lonely Man

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:58 pm

Rob wrote:Here I am come meet a lonely, lonely man.

C'mon Rob, admit it -- this is your song.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:11 pm

I alway heard the words as "Here I am call me the lonely, lonely man. "

Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:17 pm

Great song and reading by Elvis. For the vocalists out there.. this is a good song to practice pitch.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:18 pm

Yes, this is a great song and Elvis puts much effort on it.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:35 pm

Not really my song, though Elvis' singing is very good.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:03 am

solo version all the way!

Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:12 am

i agree, this is a great song.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:24 am

ekenee wrote:I alway heard the words as "Here I am call me the lonely, lonely man. "

i also did and still think he sang so.
makes more sense to me.

again, our man sounds so authentic on this one.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:33 am

Christopher wrote:
ekenee wrote:I alway heard the words as "Here I am call me the lonely, lonely man. "

i also did and still think he sang so.
makes more sense to me.

again, our man sounds so authentic on this one.

It's more distinguishable on the "Solo" version, but he definitely sings 'Here I am come meet a lonely, lonely man"

Re: Lonely Man

Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:34 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Rob wrote:Here I am come meet a lonely, lonely man.

C'mon Rob, admit it -- this is your song.

For your information, my good Doctor, I have many friends. Nobody can see or hear them but me though.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:05 pm

Solo version every time.

Haven't got the session books to hand - who's playing the guitar? Was it Tiny Timbrell?

Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:44 pm

I've forgotten where, but I remember reading that "Lonely Man" was originally slated for "Flaming Star" or perhaps even the "His Hand In Mine" session that produced "Surrender." It's a great song and I'm glad Elvis recorded it at the "Wild In The Country" session.

Mystery Train

Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:55 pm

MysteryTrain wrote:I've forgotten where, but I remember reading that "Lonely Man" was originally slated for "Flaming Star"

You can hear Elvis rehearsing 'Lonely Man' during the recording session for the movie "Flaming Star" (August 8 1960). Actually it was the recording session for the movie "Black Star" at that time! :lol: