Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

june 5th,1956

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:46 am

today is the 50th anniversary of elvis's 2nd milton berle show apperance.
that caused havoc. the critics called his movements to hound dog lewd, suggestive,vulgar. they said he shouldn't be aloud to move like that on live tv.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:49 am

I saw him gyrate his legs and swivel his hips. Our parent-teacher group feels he should not be on television.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:53 am

Here we go again. Are we gonna mention every 50th anniversary?

So What.

However to be in spirit I'll play along.

TODAY is the 50th anniversary of 50 years ago! true!

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:23 am

Robert F. Kennedy was shot on this day in 1968 while on the presidential campaign trail, he died the next day. The event was a major shock to Elvis, just eight weeks after the murder of Dr. Martin Luther King, and certainly played into what he did during the taping of his TV special a few weeks later.

It's been 38 years and there are many, many people who believe Kennedy would've won the presidency. Would the country have gone a different course under RFK, as opposed to Richard Nixon? Gee, maybe.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:32 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Robert F. Kennedy was shot on this day in 1968 while on the presidential campaign trail, he died the next day. The event was a major shock to Elvis, just eight weeks after the murder of Dr. Martin Luther King, and certainly played into what he did during the taping of his TV special a few weeks later.

It's been 38 years and there are many, many people who believe Kennedy would've won the presidency. Would the country have gone a different course under RFK, as opposed to Richard Nixon? Gee, maybe.

Just because you don't care for RV, it was a big deal. I'll be sure to remind you of your dismissive post the next time you decide to wax poetically about the massive impact and change on the culture and its mores when he gyrated to Hound Dog on the Berle show.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:41 am

Kylan wrote:Just because you don't care for RV, it was a big deal.

RV? Who was RV? I don't see an "RV" anywhere in my erudite message. Big deal? What was a "big deal"?

Let me be brutally honest: after 1500+ postings, everyone knows you're a dullard -- and often an a-hole -- there's no need to keep proving it.

It is impressive you stretched beyond your usual one sentence reply.

Buh-bye.

Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:34 am

the 50's anniversary's are more important than a non historic late 70's concert.

Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:10 am

You ain't nuthin' but a HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Milton Berle was a pro-Elvis supporter, and was so months before Ed Sullivan ever got around to saying his trite "decent boy" line.

drjohncrapenter wrote:Robert F. Kennedy was shot on this day in 1968 while on the presidential campaign trail, he died the next day. The event was a major shock to Elvis, just eight weeks after the murder of Dr. Martin Luther King, and certainly played into what he did during the taping of his TV special a few weeks later.

Yeah, too bad RFK was killed by a Muslim Extremist.

Elvis was shocked by it - he was only a few miles from the incident itself - and in the aftermath, he bought more guns and installed a high security fence at his Bel-Air digs.
After all, he had a wife and newborn baby to protect from the sick radical strung-out world the '60s generation created.

Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:19 pm

Jesse Garon wrote:Elvis was shocked by it - he was only a few miles from the incident itself - and in the aftermath, he bought more guns and installed a high security fence at his Bel-Air digs.
After all, he had a wife and newborn baby to protect from the sick radical strung-out world the '60s generation created.

I wonder if getting stoned and shooting tv sets was the right way to go. :lol:

Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:38 pm

Yeah, too bad RFK was killed by a Muslim Extremist.

Incorrect. Sirhan was a Palestinian Christian. Look it up anywhere.
So RFK was in no way killed by a muslim extrtemist, even if you believe Sirhan's bulllet actuallly killed him.