Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Suppose

Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:04 am

Jim Piazza wrote in his book 'THE KING' that 'Suppose' inspired the Lennon's song 'Imagine.' How true is this ?

Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:27 am

I have heard that on several occasions. Don't make it true, but it is a widely circulated story.

Tom

Re: Suppose

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:07 am

Jove wrote:Jim Piazza wrote in his book 'THE KING' that 'Suppose' inspired the Lennon's song 'Imagine.' How true is this ?

Not at all.

It's possible that "Confidence" was an inspiration for "Beth," a minor 1976 pop hit by costume rockers Kiss.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:11 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:It's possible that "Confidence" was an inspiration for "Beth," a minor 1976 pop hit by costume rockers Kiss.

Hey, I've heard that too. :wink:

Tom

Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:23 am

It is not a better song but "Suppose" is more realistic I think. I mean there is a hint of suicide in the lyrics... But with "Imagine" no possesions ?! Not even the composer could really imagine that one. :?

Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:50 am

"Suppose" is very beautiful and builds with emotion and accompaniment.

"Imagine" has the most bullsh*t lyrics ever written and a droll yawn-inducing nyquil melody.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:52 pm

Yep, I think Imagine was a disguised rip off of Suppose.
Lennon must have listened to Suppose a lot being such an Elvis fan.
It's been mentioned before so, where there's smoke.....

Yeah lennon didn't have an imaginative bone in his body!!!! :wink:

:P

Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:54 pm

JLGB wrote:Not even the composer could really imagine that one. :?

Nor live without possessions. :roll:

Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:55 pm

Jove wrote:Jim Piazza wrote in his book 'THE KING' that 'Suppose' inspired the Lennon's song 'Imagine.' How true is this ?

I heard somewhere that "Imagine" was inspired in "Ito Eats". I donĀ“t how true is this but......

Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:04 pm

Jove wrote:
JLGB wrote:Not even the composer could really imagine that one. :?

Nor live without possessions. :roll:
I did not quote it.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:21 pm

I love the song. Beautiful, just beautiful. Listening to "Anything That's Part Of You" right now, to Suppose next.

I read that "Dreamer" by Ozzy Osborne was inspired by Imagine.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:08 pm

Jesse Garon wrote:"Suppose" is very beautiful and builds with emotion and accompaniment.

"Imagine" has the most bullsh*t lyrics ever written and a droll yawn-inducing nyquil melody.

It's a "What if?" lyric and works very well. He's not suggesting that any of his propositions are feasible, more asking what would the world be like if they were and would it be a better place? It's also a simple, classic melody with an appropriate, uncluttered arrangement.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:50 pm

Ah, Pretty song.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:13 pm

sam wrote:Yep, I think Imagine was a disguised rip off of Suppose.
Lennon must have listened to Suppose a lot being such an Elvis fan.
It's been mentioned before so, where there's smoke.....

Yeah lennon didn't have an imaginative bone in his body!!!! :wink:

:P
He was imaginative alright. It is just that a lot of times he did not quite have a minimum force of 1g. :)

Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:32 am

Listen To She Smiled Sweetly by the Rolling Stones. It is a direct rip of all things What Every Woman Lives For. Honest!!!