Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

One Night In Alabama Question

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:15 pm

I just got this today in the mail (original). However I have noticed on another site the scan of the disc is different that the one I got today. So I was wondering if there is more than one pressing of this cd out? I also noticed that I can clearly see the outline of the data on the disc as if it's been burnt onto the disc. Would this be a true sign of a cd-r copy trying to be passed off as an original? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:44 pm

Is it a silver disc you have or is it coloured on the back..?
If it`s coloured you have a CDR..perhaps with a selfmade cover..??

..as far as i know there`s no second pressing of this disc..however the show was also released as Old Times They Are Not Forgotten.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:26 am

The One Night In Alabama release is a straight copy of the Old Times They Are Not Forgotten release minus a few tracks as far as I know.

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:28 am

MB280E wrote:The One Night In Alabama release is a straight copy of the Old Times They Are Not Forgotten release minus a few tracks as far as I know.

Yeah. Get "Old Times" instead. One of the best soundboard bootlegs ever released.

Keith Richards, Jr.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:36 am

While I agree about the soundquality I most definately don´t agree with you regarding the quality of Elvis´ performance. It´s a nice bootleg with great soundquality, that´s about it IMO. :)

Sincerely MB280E

Tue Jun 06, 2006 2:17 am

Thanks everyone for the help. The bottom of the disc is silver, but like I said, I can see where the data (music) has been burnt onto the disc, there's an outline going all the way around it where it has burnt it. I'm not sure if any original imports are done this way or look like this. I have looked for numbers on the disc also and here are the only ones I have found on it 518104101074L5. So right now I have no idea if it's an original or copy. If anyone else has any suggestions I would love to hear them. Thanks

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:26 am

Keith Richards, Jr. wrote:
MB280E wrote:The One Night In Alabama release is a straight copy of the Old Times They Are Not Forgotten release minus a few tracks as far as I know.

Yeah. Get "Old Times" instead. One of the best soundboard bootlegs ever released.

That's for sure. The sound is great. Too bad it is wasted on a 1976 show though (not a complaint).

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:31 am

I like Love Letters a lot from that show!

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:42 am

I happen to think that this concert, Alabama, has the best late version of Jailhouse Rock I have ever heard from that '76/'77 era... :wink:

And the sound ain't bad either :!: :D

Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:33 am

How about the version from July 3rd. 1976, released by FTD, wasn´t that one pretty okay...?

Sincerely MB280E