Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

american sound sessions

Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:49 am

i wonder if we will ever get a box set from the 69 memphis sessions it would be a fantastic box if done right and im sure it would sell very good:D

jess

Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:27 am

I'm sure such a release would sell well amongst fans, maybe on the FTD label

It could have all available takes including undubbed Masters, and also include the 'Building Block' Masters at each stage of the overdub process. By that I mean having the 'Master' at various stages of the 'Overdub' ("Strings", "Brass", "Backup Vocals") process.

I would buy it :lol:

Mon Jun 05, 2006 11:22 am

Keith F wrote: By that I mean having the 'Master' at various stages of the 'Overdub' ("Strings", "Brass", "Backup Vocals") process.
I would buy it :lol:

..and Elvis`vocal replacements....as the very last process (at least sometimes)... :wink:

Mon Jun 05, 2006 8:09 pm

But would this happen now with the classic album series? if they do indeed release the albums through that.love the idea though,but dont like the clasic album series. :D

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:49 am

captiol records released the pet sounds sessions like this. why can't we have an elvis 69 sessions box set or any other sessions like sessions from 1970.71 or 73?

Re: american sound sessions

Tue Jun 06, 2006 7:22 am

jess wade wrote:i wonder if we will ever get a box set from the 69 memphis sessions

Though not box sets, if you do not have these imports you are definitely missing out.

CD-1: Wearin' That Loved On Look (2-8, 14) - Only The Strong Survive (12, 10, 11) - Long Black Limousine (1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 6) - Only The Strong Survive ( 4) - You'll Think Of Me (1, 2, 3, 6) - From A Jack To A King (1, 2, 3) - Only The Strong Survive (7) - Without Love (3, 4 ) - Only The Strong Survive ( 8 ) - If I'm A Fool (1, 2, 3) - Suspicious Minds (1, 2, 3, 7) - Only The Strong Survive (1, 2, 3) - In The Ghetto (2, 1)

CD-2: Kentucky Rain (1, 2, 3) - Suspicious Minds (4, 5, 6) - In The Ghetto (7, 8, 9, 10, 11) - You'll Think Of Me (4, 5, 8 ) - From A Jack To A King (2xfs, 4) - Without Love (1) - Wearin' That Loved On Look (11, 12, 13, 10) - If I'm A Fool (6, 7, 5) - Only The Strong Survive (5, 6) - A Little Bit Of Green (2, 1) - Kentucky Rain (4, 5, 8, 9) - Poor Man's Gold (instrumental)

1: Long Black Limousine (6)
2: Wearin' That Loved On Look (14)
3: You'll Think Of Me (7)
4: A Little Bit Of Green (1)
5: In The Ghetto (3)
6: Rubberneckin' (2)
7: From A Jack To A King (3)
8: Without Love (5 - Undubbed master)
9: Suspicious Minds (7)
10: True Love Travels On A Gravel Road (3)
11: Power Of My Love (1)
12: After Loving You (3)
13: And The Grass Won't Pay No Mind (6)
14: Do You Know Who I Am? (1)
15: Kentucky Rain (7)
16: It Keeps Right On A Hurtin' (2)
17: Only The Strong Survive (6)
18: Any Day Now (2)
19: If I'm A Fool (3)

Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:04 pm

Finding the Way Home was the first "import" CD I actually paid for and it remains my all-time favorite.

Tom

Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:17 pm

FTWH - one of the first imports in the year 2002. This magnificent set really started my collection. Would have loved to hear a Poor Man's Gold voice track. ACJ - First time I heard the Dear Georgie letter and other outtakes containing "bad" language. LOL

Tue Jun 06, 2006 5:18 pm

What a set!

I'd quite like the idea of a boxset on FTD.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 9:49 pm

What makes the FTD releases interesting for me is the fact that they compile the best of the outtakes and present them in a cohesive manner, that give you a good feel for the overall studio session. That concept is all but disrupted if they would release the entire unedited studio sessions. I mean how many times can you sit through 12 takes of "Do you know who I am" that are virtually indistinguishable from each other?

We already have in excess of two hours of officially released outtakes from these sessions (in addition to the boots), so what's missing is essentially a number of false starts or outtakes similar to the released ones, that are not all that attractive to listen to in the first place. While the idea of a session box set might sound great (and these sessions have been boxed up twice already on the main label) there is a lot of ground to fail here, too.

Such a set on the FTD label would clearly be entering bootleg territory, something the FTD label has always tried to stay away from in the past. But who knows, once they run out of "core" material to release maybe they might consider such an idea.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:51 pm

Dont worry it wont happen,im guessing any more outtakes will only appear on the classic album series now.guess you can hope for a single disc set of more ottakes from these sessions,