Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Scott Walker sings about Elvis on new album "The Drift&

Sun Jun 04, 2006 9:23 am

According to the latest "Uncut" magazine, Scott Walker (late of The Walker Brothers) has a song about Elvis on his latest album "The Drift". Here is what "Uncut" reviewer Stephen Trousse has to say:

""Jesse" is a vexed meditation on 9/11 that quotes the guitar phrase from "Jailhouse Rock" and makes a dream equation between the twin towers and Elvis and his stillborn twin brother Jesse Garon."

Haven't heard the track myself, but Scott's recent work has been rather...difficult, very different from his great pop ballads of the sixties and European extravaganzas of the early seventies but it is good news that a well-respected artist like Scott is writing songs about Elvis in 2006. Shows just how much Elvis continues to influence folks.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:36 am

Difficult? Yes, "Tilt" was a very difficult album - but "The Drift" is something else. It makes "Tilt" sound like Britney Spears! :shock: Scott is not a happy man it seems...

Scott Walker is a genius. And in the '60s and '70s, he was the second greatest ballad singer in the world. In some songs he's even better than Elvis. Most days I am of the opinion that "Scott 4" is the best album ever made.

In the early '70s, Scott wanted to produce Elvis. And of course Elvis wanted to record The Walker Brothers' "The Sun Ain't Gonna Shine Anymore". They could have made some good things together...

Keith Richards, Jr.

Sun Jun 04, 2006 10:37 pm

Thing is Kieth, Scott Walker seems very happy, if his recent interviews are anything to go by. His record company deserve credit too, for putting out this kind of release. Must be a bugger to promote.

Scott 4 is a cracker of an album, its just a pity it flopped.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:35 am

Ezzz wrote:Thing is Kieth, Scott Walker seems very happy, if his recent interviews are anything to go by.

Actually I haven't read the new interviews yet! But a friend to a friend of mine did an interview with him recently and he said the same thing: Scott was nice and seemed to happy. I hope he's doing fine. He sure deserves it!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:05 pm

i'd say: buy the new scott walker, close your eyes & you'll have the most haunting movie you'll ever see

as for the music --- walker has been creating his own, dark musical universe, influenced by classical music, both 17-19th cent. & contemporary, ambient, industrial, rock, moviescores --- it's not made for elevators or shopping malls

"jesse, are you listening? i'm the only one left alive"

Mon Jun 05, 2006 9:41 pm

kris wrote:i'd say: buy the new scott walker, close your eyes & you'll have the most haunting movie you'll ever see

But would we all see the same one ?