Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Ice Bucket

Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:05 am

According to Larry Geller, Doctor Nick once had to put Elvis head in an ice bucket in order to revive him. Nevertheless, Colonel wanted him to perform that night. Was that in Alexandria LA?

By the way: What Hotels would Elvis stay in? First Class Hotels? As far as I know the best you can get in Alexandria is a Holiday Inn, was he sleeping there?

Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:44 pm

isn't Larry Geller a nut job?

Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:43 pm

Maybe, but he was always honest to Elvis.

Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:51 pm

Thomas wrote:Maybe, but he was always honest to Elvis.

Possibly. The question is, is he honest ABOUT Elvis.

Re: Ice Bucket

Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:54 pm

Thomas wrote:According to Larry Geller, Doctor Nick once had to put Elvis head in an ice bucket in order to revive him. Nevertheless, Colonel wanted him to perform that night. Was that in Alexandria LA?

By the way: What Hotels would Elvis stay in? First Class Hotels? As far as I know the best you can get in Alexandria is a Holiday Inn, was he sleeping there?

If I'm not mistaken it happened in Louisville, Kentucky. Not sure of what hotels they crashed at, but I'm guessing they stayed at a Hilton if possible.

Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:56 pm

Matthew wrote:
Thomas wrote:Maybe, but he was always honest to Elvis.

Possibly. The question is, is he honest ABOUT Elvis.

Not sure if he was completely honest about Elvis, but to hear him tell this "ice bucket" story, it's haunting to say the least.

Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:09 pm

I'm sure Larry Geller is a nice guy. Comparing to others ... (no names) :lol:

Fri Jun 02, 2006 5:33 pm

That and others like the bathroom scene should have been taken to the grave. What is the use of knowing this?!

Fri Jun 02, 2006 6:05 pm

JLGB wrote:That and others like the bathroom scene should have been taken to the grave. What is the use of knowing this?!

As far as the "ice bucket" scene, I believe it not only was intended to show how sick Elvis was, but to show how the Colonel lost sight of EP as a human being.

Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:00 pm

It does nothing for anyone !!

Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:28 am

I guess when that story happend the colonel knew, that "his boy" was as good as dead. He hastily made the deal with cbs and urged them to film as soon as possible (and succeeded just in time). I think Mr. Parker was one of the very few in Elvis' group who realized that the king was already beyond help. But to Larry G. all and everything is the colonel's fault. When you hear the king's beloved guru talking, you have to come to the conclusion, that Elvis was just a puppet that the cold and evil colonel directed. To me, Mr. Geller just took one pill too much - just like Elvis. But unfortunately the wrong one survived...

Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:43 am

Wierd topic, anyhow, i believe this happened before the concert in Louisville, KY in May of 1977.

Re: Ice Bucket

Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:13 pm

Joe Car wrote:If I'm not mistaken it happened in Louisville, Kentucky. Not sure of what hotels they crashed at, but I'm guessing they stayed at a Hilton if possible.

You're right, Joe. The story supposedly happened in Louisville. If it was true, he recovered quickly and put on a better than average show that night. However, it was probably because he knew I was in the audience. I never did understand why he didn't introduce me though.

By the way, while in Louisville, he stayed at The Executive Inn, which is about 3 minutes from Freedom Hall.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:49 am

By the way, while in Louisville, he stayed at The Executive Inn, which is about 3 minutes from Freedom Hall.

Rob, are you sure? According to Larry Geller they were staying at what is now the Seelbach Hilton (http://www.seelbachhilton.com/).
Wow, you've really been there.

Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:30 am

Yes, I've been there (many times). If Larry really said that was where they stayed, he was/is confused. I know for a fact that while in Louisville in (at least) 1976 and 1977, Elvis stayed at The Executive Inn. As a matter of fact, if you have a recording of the show, you can hear Ed Hill comment, "We'd like to thank the Executive Inn for their hospitality to the Elvis Presley show. Thank you for coming. Be careful driving home. Good night."

Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:16 am

carolynlm wrote:Elvis must have had a pretty small head to fit into an ice bucket...... :?
Like those Toy Story characters.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:27 am

Rob wrote:Yes, I've been there (many times). If Larry really said that was where they stayed, he was/is confused. I know for a fact that while in Louisville in (at least) 1976 and 1977, Elvis stayed at The Executive Inn. As a matter of fact, if you have a recording of the show, you can hear Ed Hill comment, "We'd like to thank the Executive Inn for their hospitality to the Elvis Presley show. Thank you for coming. Be careful driving home. Good night."

I've got it on good authority that Rob has indeed frequented The Executive Inn on many occasions..........usually paying by the hour :lol:

Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:57 am

I see she's been talking again.

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:12 am

JLGB wrote:
carolynlm wrote:Elvis must have had a pretty small head to fit into an ice bucket...... :?
Like those Toy Story characters.

Little Elvis!!!

8)

Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:13 am

Yup.......she says you're a great "conversationalist" :wink: