Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

April 18 1972 San Antonio, TX.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:19 pm

Was Elvis working with the B team on this concert? The backup sounds really different.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:51 pm

Huh? :? :? :?

Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:19 am

Tony Trout wrote:Huh? :? :? :?

Indeed, this show is amazing...one of my favourites and the sound is great.

Re: April 18 1972 San Antonio, TX.

Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:28 pm

heathbarclay wrote:Was Elvis working with the B team on this concert? The backup sounds really different.

The same he used the whole tour.

Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:49 pm

heathbarclay wrote:Was Elvis working with the B team on this concert? The backup sounds really different.

Renan wrote:The same he used the whole tour.

The original question really threw me for a loop because I couldn't figure out the meaning behind it. Elvis used the same musicians for that tour and for almost every tour after that up until June 26, 1977...

Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:51 pm

Tony Trout wrote:The original question really threw me for a loop because I couldn't figure out the meaning behind it. Elvis used the same musicians for that tour and for almost every tour after that up until June 26, 1977...

That is what I understood.

Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:53 pm

I think by B team he is saying the band played bad or something?

Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:31 pm

I guess he's refering to the "welcome in San Antone" boot from the 90's. That cd has John Wilkinson's Rhytm Guitar extremely upfront in the mix, while the rest sounds as if they are backstage (except for some of the backing Vocals).

Just take a listen to it on Jordans great site http://jordans-elvis-world.com/audio/antonio/antonio.htm

Burning Love is very good example :!:

san antone

Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:34 pm

stefan kock wrote:I guess he's refering to the "welcome in San Antone" boot from the 90's. That cd has John Wilkinson's Rhytm Guitar extremely upfront in the mix, while the rest sounds as if they are backstage (except for some of the backing Vocals).

Just take a listen to it on Jordans great site http://jordans-elvis-world.com/audio/antonio/antonio.htm

Burning Love is very good example :!:

That explains it! Thanks.