Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Clambake FTD tracklisting

Wed May 31, 2006 11:45 am

The new June edition of Man & music mag contains the tracklisting for the up and coming Clambake release as is below.

Original Album
Guitar man
Clambake
Who Needs Money?
A House That Has Everything
Confidence
Hey, Hey, Hey
You Don't Know Me
The Girl I Never Loved
How Can You Lose What You Never Had
Big boss man
Singing Tree
Just call me lonesome

Addtional movie masters:
You Don't Know Me (Original Film Version)
Clambake (Reprise) tk 4

Outtakes:
Clambake tk 3B
How Can You Lose What You Never Had tk 1 & 2
You Don't Know Me (Film Version) tk 3
Hey, Hey, Hey tks 3,5,& 6
The Girl I Never Loved tks 4 & 5
Clambake tks 4 & 5
A House That Has Everything tks 4,5, & 6
You Don't Know Me (Film Version) tks 7 & 10
How Can You Lose What You Never Had tk 3
Hey, Hey, Hey tks 7 & 8
Clambake (Reprise) tk 1,2 & 3

Wed May 31, 2006 11:52 am

Thanks for the information. It seems we've been waiting a long time for this tracklisting.

Wed May 31, 2006 11:59 am

Yes it seems a long time. I'm looking forward to this one so there's no disappointments from me, gonna be a welcome addition.

Wed May 31, 2006 12:20 pm

OK, who knows or can figure out (or guess) how take 11 of Clambake on Silver Screen Stereo fits in with takes 3B, 4 and 5 on the upcoming FTD?

Wed May 31, 2006 1:08 pm

Good. I will buy it.

Wed May 31, 2006 2:07 pm

seems pretty good to me....hope a more educated buff on studio outakes can let me know what's 'new' unreleased etc, but i'll be buying this one!

Wed May 31, 2006 2:10 pm

Yeah, "Clambake"! I will buy this one for sure.

But I hope they got the sound right this time. Some of the '60s soundtracks - especially "Frankie & Johnny" - just doesn't sound good enough. They should let Kevan and Sebastian master the soundtrack CDs, too. After all these are supposed to be the definitive releases of these albums!

Keith Richards, Jr.

Wed May 31, 2006 6:29 pm

I'm somewhat disappointed. I will buy this FTD, as I do all FTDs, but the real jewels on the "Clambake" album, in my opinion, were the bonus tracks of "Guitar Man," "Big Boss Man," "You Don't Know Me (record version)," "Singing Tree" and "Just Call Me Lonesome." I thought we'd get outtakes of these songs and perhaps outtakes of "Mine" and "Hi Heel Sneakers" from the same session.

I would guess that these "bonus" tracks will be dealt with in another project.

Mystery Train

HEY, HEY,HEY

Thu Jun 01, 2006 12:16 am

I think "Hey,hey,hey" is a fun number! I played it at the "Capital Elvis" disco party last saturday and it pulled many on to the dance floor. Looking forward to hearing an alternate of this tune.

Re: Clambake FTD tracklisting

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:28 am

garry100 wrote:Outtakes:
Clambake tk 3B
How Can You Lose What You Never Had tk 1 & 2
You Don't Know Me (Film Version) tk 3
Hey, Hey, Hey tks 3,5,& 6
The Girl I Never Loved tks 4 & 5
Clambake tks 4 & 5
A House That Has Everything tks 4,5, & 6
You Don't Know Me (Film Version) tks 7 & 10
How Can You Lose What You Never Had tk 3
Hey, Hey, Hey tks 7 & 8
Clambake (Reprise) tk 1,2 & 3

What??!! No alternate takes of C-O-N-F-I-D-E-N-C-E???

Damn it!!!

Re: HEY, HEY,HEY

Thu Jun 01, 2006 4:35 am

TONY wrote:I think "Hey,hey,hey" is a fun number! I played it at the "Capital Elvis" disco party last saturday and it pulled many on to the dance floor. Looking forward to hearing an alternate of this tune.

Presumably after everyone was too drunk to care or notice what they were listening to? :wink:

Re: Clambake FTD tracklisting

Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:33 am

Rob wrote:

What??!! No alternate takes of C-O-N-F-I-D-E-N-C-E???

Damn it!!![/quote]

They are saving these for the re-release of Clambake in 10 years. As of right now FTD doesn't really have any confidence in clambake :P

Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:54 am

yeah wheres the alternates of who needs money and confidence?

Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:08 am

Not one of his `classic' soundtracks. I don't really care for any of the songs (Hey, Hey, Hey at least has a good beat but the lyrics are an embarrassment, You Don't Know Me was better from the September 67 sessions) and I thought the film itself was also near the bottom of the pit.Think I'll pass on this one
rick

Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:35 am

Maybe some have slipped out and I missed them, so correct me if I'm wrong.

But I don't think outtakes of "Confidence" and "Who Needs Money?" have escaped before.

So we really don't know what's in the vault for these. Let's face it, neither one has the sound of something that Elvis poured his heart and soul into take after take.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if he shi- them out pretty quickly. Can you blame the poor guy if that's the case?

If we're getting multiple takes of "Hey, Hey, Hey," I trust that Ernst would give us anything worthwhile he had on "Who Needs Money?" and "Confidence."

Lest I sound too (appropriately) negative about the material, I love these FTD special-edition soundtracks beyond all reason. I get a kick out of all of them -- Harum, Scarum, Pardise, Hawaiian Style, etc. -- and I can't wait to get my hands on Clambake. Now when have I ever been able to say that before?

HEY, HEY,HEY

Thu Jun 01, 2006 5:19 pm

For any of you that don't support Elvis events or discos, I must tell you that they are FUN! Hence, we can get away with playing "Hey,hey,hey", "Rubberneckin", "Stay away, Joe", "G.I.Blues" etc, cos people are there to have a good time and enjoy the music and a drink.
The next London party is on Saturday, June 24th at The Litten Tree, Artillery Row, Victoria from 7pm. If you havn't been, now is the time to show your loyalty and support, and maybe meet new, likeminded friends.
Incedentally, I believe the out-takes on the new FTD "Clambake" set are just vocal overdubs over a pre-recorded backing track. Shame.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 7:34 pm

Your right Tony.They are great fun.

If your an Elvis fan and you live in London then its the place to be at the last Saturday of every month.

Thu Jun 01, 2006 9:39 pm

TJ wrote:
TONY wrote:I think "Hey,hey,hey" is a fun number! I played it at the "Capital Elvis" disco party last saturday and it pulled many on to the dance floor. Looking forward to hearing an alternate of this tune.

Presumably after everyone was too drunk to care or notice what they were listening to? :wink:

Frankly, any song which pays tribute to "goop" or "elbow grease-y" is a friend of mine.

DJC

Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:56 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:
TJ wrote:

Frankly, any song which pays tribute to "goop" or "elbow grease-y" is a friend of mine.

DJC

Love your humour :D .

Joern

Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:01 pm

Joern wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:
TJ wrote:

DJC

Love your humour :D .

Joern

The Doc`s humour is a special one..isnĀ“t it Doc..??... :wink:

Fri Jun 02, 2006 1:33 am

Laughter is the best medicine, Cisco!! Especially when listening to the "Clambake" soundtrack.

DJC

Fri Jun 02, 2006 2:51 am

I think this movie would have been better had they brought back,
"them darn kittyhawks".

Seriously though, there are some nice ballads in this film, and Elvis did have chemistry with Shelly Fabares.

Fri Jun 02, 2006 7:08 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Laughter is the best medicine, Cisco!! Especially when listening to the "Clambake" soundtrack.

DJC

You are absolutely right about this one, Doc.. !!!

Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:20 am

2006 and Elvis fans discuss about "Clambake". That's real funny. Elvis would have laughed his ass off...Clambake is trash.

Fri Jun 02, 2006 9:48 pm

We probably wouldn't be discussing Clambake or a lot of other old news if Elvis had taken better care of his health.