Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis's band-?

Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:47 pm

When Elvis resumed touring in 69 was finding a band strickly his doing or did he have help, anybody know? Just getting a fantastic group like that together with musicians who were kind of unheralded (correct me if I'm wrong) but among the best in the business was a great ability on his part to recognize their special talents as well.

Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:45 pm

Hi Joe!

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think it was James Burton who got the band together on Elvis' behalf.

Anyone out there with the complete story, is welcomed to share the info right here! :D

Br
Kristian

Tue Jul 08, 2003 3:35 pm

HI Ya'll,

Watch the "Definitive Elvis" DVD of the "Vegas Years" and James tells the story of how the band got together. Ronnie Tutt and Jerry Scheff also appear in this portion of the DVD telling how they became to be members of the band.

Take Care,
Tony T.

Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:02 pm

did'nt they do rehearsals and Elvis handpicked them ??

Most of them was studiomusicians?, I have heard Jerry Scheff done the reharsals but he was not sure do take the "job", but after he played with Elvis in the studio he said something like "you must hear this fantastic guy" to his wife/girlfriend and take her to the rehearsals next day ...

Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:31 pm

About the 4 DVD box-set "The Definitive Elvis" mentioned;
is this a "legal" release, or is it a "boot"?

If my memory not fails me, I believe I've heard that the Estate tried to stop this from being released..?

Br
Kristian

Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:05 am

Hei Kristian,

The full set consists of 8 discs with 2 programs/themes on each disc.Each program lasts close to one hour.I have also heard about a 4 disc set,but I do not know if it comprises the full 16 programs.

The original set should be available still.Australia seems to be where it is easy to get and at a rather cheap price.

It is a dvd-set I can recommend to any Elvis-fans,because a lot of essential people around Elvis get to speak their piece and the tone is light and sometimes funny.The inflated ego's are not as dominant as they tend to be in interviews.I'll make an exception for Stella Stevens.She turns out to be selfish and stupid,I think.

The rest of them are wonderful.