Do you like the new pic!

yes
13%
no
60%
I'm afraid of lightning!!
27%

Total votes : 15

This is cool! Exclusive, Never before seen pic of Elvis!

Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:07 pm

Hi, Everybody!

Got the picture section started off with a real doozy!

Just go to the site listed below and click on the "pictures" link, and you'll see a smaller version, click on that for the full size.

Remember, the site is optimized for 1024X768 resolution, so 800x600 and lower may experience some difficulties. I'm working on finding a happy medium, but for now all I can do is let everybody know ahead of time. :)

Let me know what you think!

Tue Jul 08, 2003 1:47 pm

Why didn't you leave the pic as it was instead of doing this "lightnig thing" to it? I'm sorry to say that I really don't like this one...

Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:16 pm

I can't say 'yes' or 'no' ... all I can say it is very ugly and looks ridiculous... Wasted time... I'm sorry to say so...

Kind regards, Jörn

Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:26 pm

I'm sorry to say. But this pic really looks like nothing.

Tue Jul 08, 2003 5:52 pm

You seem like a nice guy, however, you asked for opinions so here goes.

You call your website the 'Elvis Archeological Preservation Society' yet so far all it seems to consist of is altered movie clips with an impersonator adding a voiceover, an impersonator (yes guess which impersonator folks) singing Winter Wonderland and some silly photo altered in a photo editing package - not much of a presevation society so far.

Are you sure its not more of a Mike Mccoy presevation society ?

If you have photos of Elvis to share better just to post them as they are - that's my opinion.

Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:35 pm

what shall you do with that picture ??

Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:49 pm

You should seek out The Shape for any and all graphic manifestations.

Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:58 pm

Why can't I seem to get anything on this site other than the remix stuff? Am I missing something?

Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:05 pm

well dear mike this picture is frankly ridiculous
have you discovered photoshop yesterday ? :lol:

But please don't commit suicide today :wink:

you are more successfull as a DJ !!!

IN MY OPINION YOUR VERSION OF "ALL I NEEDED WAS THE RAIN
IS JUST COOL"

more of that stuff will be greatly welcome

Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:14 pm

I couldn't find the link to the picture on your site - so I'll just say, "no comment", until I can see it. Have you taken it off already?

Found the remixes though. Cool stuff!

Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:27 pm

Getlo Posted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 7:14 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't find the link to the picture on your site - so I'll just say, "no comment", until I can see it. Have you taken it off already?

Found the remixes though. Cool stuff!

Here's the direct link to that awful pic:

http://www.eapsociety.com/ElvisPresleylightning.jpg

Now go ahead and tell him all about it :twisted: :wink: (no offense though, MikeMcCoy)

Tue Jul 08, 2003 8:43 pm

elVis112 wrote:Here's the direct link to that awful pic:

http://www.eapsociety.com/ElvisPresleylightning.jpg

Now go ahead and tell him all about it :twisted: :wink: (no offense though, MikeMcCoy)

Oh dear! :shock:

Thanks for the link. It's a pretty bad shot of Elvis to start with - but the lightning hasn't helped any.

It has probably been fun for you doing it, but the results are a little disappointing. I tried to understand why it was lightning and his autograph shooting out of his finger.

Afraid the picture is a bit of a let down. But never mind - stick with the audio, you did a great job with them. You can't be talented with the audio AND the pictures - that would be just plain greedy! :wink:

Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:02 pm

I like the idea of the pic, but I don't like the pic. The outlining of his body makes him look weird.

Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:18 pm

Joern wrote:I can't say 'yes' or 'no' ... all I can say it is very ugly and looks ridiculous... Wasted time... I'm sorry to say so...

Kind regards, Jörn

That picture again it sends me all a quiver!

Girlhappy

Re: This is cool! Exclusive, Never before seen pic of Elvis!

Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:25 pm

MikeMcCoy wrote:Hi, Everybody!

Got the picture section started off with a real doozy!

Just go to the site listed below and click on the "pictures" link, and you'll see a smaller version, click on that for the full size.

Remember, the site is optimized for 1024X768 resolution, so 800x600 and lower may experience some difficulties. I'm working on finding a happy medium, but for now all I can do is let everybody know ahead of time. :)

Let me know what you think!

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO!

Ideas good picture's lousy

Girlhappy

Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:21 pm

Aw, well, shoot.

That's ok, not everything I mess with's gonna turn out good. lol

There's a reason I did that editing thing with the lightning/etc, it's for something else but I just wanted opinions on how it looked. And I actually do appreciate the honesty. I'll be posting the real pictures soon.

As for what our group's site is... right now all that's there are jokes and fun stuff, which is true. Who it's made by or how it's made shouldn't really matter as long as it's enjoyable, and they've all got pretty good response so far. However, while that looks to be the main focus of the site right now, it's not the main focus of the group. We're still making progress, I'm just trying to find the best words to use to fill in the rest do describe what we're doing.... since more than a few people on pages like this (no offense) would take one little thing I didn't explain right and run with it until the cows come home. lol The page is so far from finished, it's not even funny. But it'll get there. We're doing pretty well without it, actually... but it will be necessary in the future.

In the meantime, I'll just present little fun asides while I work on some really great stuff.... and when THAT happens, and I put some sample clips on my site, you'll know exactly why we're called "The EAP Society".

Thanks again, everybody.

Tue Jul 08, 2003 10:42 pm

Mike,

The way you took all that negative criticism is very admirable,I was more impressed with your response than the picture.

Tue Jul 08, 2003 11:01 pm

Hi, Dan!

Thank you!

Well, if you stick your neck out there on the chopping block, somebody's bound to grab an ax sooner or later.. :lol: This is one turkey who's been pretty lucky up till now. :lol: Besides, I probably take more abuse for being an Elvis fan than almost anybody on the board, so this doesn't even phase me.

I personally think the picture itself is cool, but I wasn't sure about the rest, so that's why I asked. It was done for something special for one of our members. It's actually two pics... the top half did not have a bottom, as somebody's head was in the way. So I took another pic of her's from that same show and did a bit of edit work so they'd match up.

We'll be putting more of her pics on the site in time. While they're not professional pics or anything, I think she's got some cool pictures and some great stories to go with them.

Wed Jul 09, 2003 4:09 am

The website sounds good to me.

Not sure about the pic. Nothing wrong with the idea or a bit of artistic license but it looks like Elvis' lower regions have been slimmed down and 'the bottoms fallen out'.

I don't mean to be cheeky but the pic could be used to be used to sell Elvis 'lost' bottom on e-bay- with Elvis signature written in lightening as proof of authenticity.

After the Elvis tooth and the Elvis hair going for big money anythings possible!