Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis references on Beatles Anthology BONUS DVD!

Mon Jul 07, 2003 9:26 pm

Just finished watching the whole series and surprisingly enough the fifth bonus DVD contains quite a few Elvis references on it.

The disc starts out with the three remaining Beatles jamming on "Baby What You Want Me To Do" in 1995 (Paul and George playing Ukulele) and later even attempting a cover of "Blue Moon of Kentucky".

Most interesting though is George Harrison's lengthy recount of meeting Elvis backstage at Madison Square Garden in 1972, definitely worth checking out (he wasn't too fond of Elvis' trumpet players).
-wolf

Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:08 pm

It's good to have Elvis mentioned on a Beatles' DVD. But I would have been even more surprised if he hadn't have gotten one!

I'm pleased you pointed this out, as I wouldn't have purchased the DVD for myself.

Re: Elvis references on Beatles Anthology BONUS DVD!

Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:22 pm

thenexte wrote:Just finished watching the whole series and surprisingly enough the fifth bonus DVD contains quite a few Elvis references on it.

The disc starts out with the three remaining Beatles jamming on "Baby What You Want Me To Do" in 1995 (Paul and George playing Ukulele) and later even attempting a cover of "Blue Moon of Kentucky".

Most interesting though is George Harrison's lengthy recount of meeting Elvis backstage at Madison Square Garden in 1972, definitely worth checking out (he wasn't too fond of Elvis' trumpet players).
-wolf

Interesting. When they were jamming on these two songs we're they definitely referring to Elvis' version or to Bill Monroe's and Jimmy Reed's respectively?

Also what is your overall impression of the Anthology box? How's the picture/sound quality compared to let's say TTWII SE?

FBI Files...

Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:43 pm

There are other references throughout the first four DVD's, of course, the main one being their meeting with Elvis in 1965, which is being recounted in detail by all members (to the music of Charlie Rich's "Mohair Sam").

Ringo says it was a real downer when they later learned (through the FBI files) what Elvis really thought about the Beatles...
-wolf

P.S.: Picture and sound of this set are fantastic throughout, they remixed everything for surround (it's even got a DTS track), they were able to produce great surround versions of some of the early Beatles songs...

Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:26 am

I'm an Elvis fan! What is a 'bonus DVD'? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bonus DVD

Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:43 am

The Beatles anthology DVD set contains the original eight volumes on the first four DVD's and a fifth bonus DVD contains all the special features (outtakes, making-of, etc). Kind of the DVD that we were supposed to get with the TTWII SE project, but eventually got axed by Warner!
-wolf

Tue Jul 08, 2003 2:22 am

Good one Delboy. LOL :lol:

8)