Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

spectacle Calling Dr John:-)

Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:17 pm

This morning a story about Elvis and the late, Josef Locke, a famous tenor, was printed in the " Irish Daily Star" a national news paper here, which led to yours truly being interviewed on LM FM Commercial Radio, By presenter radio show Dara Nelson. He introdruced our story of the famous Irish tenor after first playing, Elvis' updated, "Rubberneckin".

We spoke at length about ALLC and the marvellous success of. "ELVIS", and the forthcoming "Second to None". Also about Elvis' total sales and his place at the top of popular music. Dara will now play Josef a lot more and will do more updates on the growing story. "The Irish News" newspaper will also do updates to the story and Elvis Presley will be also mentioned. Therefore hundreds of thousands heard some Elvis Presley news this morning. Just a few more Elvis FACTS for you Doc- file them away carefully.

Everyone, There's a method in my madness;-)

http://www.dublinpeople.com/newssport/t ... /sspeople/ just scroll down a little.

Mon Jul 07, 2003 10:50 pm

UPDATE. Just found a "Belfast Telegraph" NI newspaper account of the josef Locke story.

Radio Cork FM want to interview yours truly tomorrow morning 10.30am about the Josef Locke campaign. I'm sure Elvis Presley will feature in the conversation somewher.

spectacle to Dr John, come in Dr John:-) Over and out.

Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:33 pm

My apologies for butting in, but what is to be gained by fishing for an argument?

Tue Jul 08, 2003 9:29 am

Khoots relax, no arguement sought.

There may be method in my madness, and a touch of genius in my method:-)

See how I can be just as modest as the good Dr John Carpenter and get the readers too. LOL.

http://www.dublinpeople.com/newssport/t ... /sspeople/

Taking care of Elvis business is fun too you know.

Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:41 am

Dr John Carpenter is now, "The PEOPLES man"?

How democratic of him.

His Cavalier manner does not match his self description. But what do I know:-)

Go on Doc, laugh, you know, I know, you read this thread-how could you resist.

Meanwhile the feedback on the Elvis, Josef Locke, link continues.

Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:47 pm

As usual, you love to see your name in print. Doc doesn't even need to reply to this useless thread as you are carrying quite the conversation all by yourself. My guess is that you have quite a lot of practice at this.

Tom

Wed Jul 09, 2003 5:50 pm

Gees Tom, he gotta have somebody to talk to...

Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:37 pm

Tom and Elvis-fan, you two guys lonely or sunmthin'?

Did you notice more folk read my threads than post?

We are in the "Fingal Independent" weekly newspaper today- about 30,000 readers. Their online version will have the story up soon . Bet you just can't wait:-)

Meanwhile
a great successs for the sculptor see http://community.webshots.com/album/42886863PmMEez

Wed Jul 09, 2003 6:46 pm

We aren't the ones answering our own posts, now are we. Nor are we constantly blowing our own horns because nobody else will. Look, if no one there gives a crap about what you do (and it's quite obvious that no one does), then why would you think that we do. Personally, I think you're a f***ing idiot. And you can quote me in that in one of the thousands of papers that carry your every word to the masses.

Tom

Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:17 pm

Tom, everytime you respond you make a complete ass of yourself. People reading the newspapers articles do because of the "Elvis Presley" headline. They are not remotely interested in little ol' me:-(

Why dont' you do something useful like ask Dr John an Elvis trivia question so he can cleverly show us all the facts, we oldies forgot years ago.

Mind you I think I've exhausted this topic.

I Must start a new thread-you need not read it, but of course you will. LOL

Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:20 pm

You prove my point so eloquently, thank you.

Tom

Re: spectacle Calling Dr John:-)

Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:28 pm

I have a question:

disney wrote:He introdruced our story of the famous Irish tenor after first playing, Elvis' updated, "Rubberneckin"

At the time of writing the forthcoming Paul Oakenfold mix of “Rubberneckin’” hasn’t been officially released, made available for download, or streamed from a website. Of all the remixes currently circulating on the w.w.w. none have been officially sanctioned by RCA as yet, although there is an unconfirmed rumour that the “Elvis Incognito” mix might be at some point. So my question is what “updated” version of “Rubberneckin’” did this DJ play?

Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:57 pm

disney wrote:Tom and Elvis-fan, you two guys lonely or sunmthin'?

Did you notice more folk read my...

"Then we did a song called 'Are You Lonesome Tonight?'.
I am and I was..."

Yes. I admit it. I'm lonely. Mr. Lonely.
And that's elvis-fan with a little "e".
Easy there Mr. colgateā„¢, I'm just joshin' ya!!!

Wed Jul 09, 2003 8:58 pm

rockinrebel, Probably he same version John Kavanagh played a couple of weeks ago on his, "Elvis Memories" radio show on Anna Livia FM103 Dublin, Ireland. John is Preident of the, "Elvis Social Club", based in Dublin. recognised by Graceland.

I did not get the details of the MIX for, "Rubberneckin'". Not my cup of tea but I hope it is a HIT!

Wed Jul 09, 2003 9:05 pm

Just saving you some typing Maurice! :wink:

Thu Jul 10, 2003 8:38 am

tupelo_boy, Just for you.....

"Tupelo".
There's a place in Mississippi, That will never be the same, Because of, a shy young boy,
With a very curious name. His mother bought his first guitar, In Main Street, Hardware Co.,
And who could see, what would be, And how this boy would grow. The little house where he was born,
On the Old Saltillo Road, Stands not far from city streets, Where the dreaming, youngster strode.
His story now is legend, All the world knows Tupelo, Because of Elvis Presley, Who set the world aglow.
M.colgateā„¢. January 2001.

Mr elvis-fan,sir, you can read it too:-)

http://www.elvispresleybirthplace.com/tourism.asp

Thu Jul 10, 2003 12:21 pm

Thank you Maurice, I hope everyone enjoys that as much as I did.