Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

FTD. What about more fantastic 1950's alternates

Sun Jul 06, 2003 10:56 pm

The latest box set Close Up... as some great alternates IN STEREO from the 50's
FTD is there any chance of anymore ?

What about the Hound Dog sessions, are they missing or what!.. because nothing as far as I am aware as been put out from them.
Or what about "Don't" I would love to here an alternate of that.

Mon Jul 07, 2003 1:38 am

Hi joe
i havent gottin my close up cd yet i still hopeing for
the lp version soon,

but i like you i like to see more 50s music even some early concert from
1956-57 shows.

curtis simpkins

Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:44 pm

Definitely Curtis, when you get your copy of the box set "Close Up", I'm sure it will blow you away. The 50's stuff in stereo is superb, it blew me away.... Fantastic.
Don't get me wrong I like Elvis 53-77, but it's great to get some 50's outakes for a change.

KEEP ON ROCKIN'

OLD NEWS...

Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:18 pm

It's old old news that the "Hound dog" and "Don't be cruel" sessions are not known to exist. It would be difficult to do a CD solely of 1950's outtakes due to the fact we have already had loads from the tapes that do exist, such as ;I got stung", "I need your love tonight", "Is it so strange", "Peace in the valley" etc.
Personally, the one song I would live to hear an out-take of is "Hard headed woman". I bet this took some effort to get it to the final master!!!
TONY DOBB

Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:47 pm

Tony,

So they are missing, that's a great shame. I would have loved to here Elvis do another version of both Hound Dog and Don't Be Cruel.. that is shame.
What about "Don't" and the rest of that session, is that there? I would like to here an alternate "Blue Christmas" or "White Christmas"
Also would love to here "Hard Headed Woman" and surely they have that, I reckon the master on it was about 10 so what about the other takes.
What about "Anyplace Is Paradise" "All Shook Up" or "One Night"

Sorry Tony but I don't agree with you on them not being able to do a 50's CD, I would have thought they would have enough stuff to do a box set or even 4. Look at the stuff they have just put out on Close Up, and I would have thought there would be plenty more where that came from.

KEEP ON ROCKIN'