Anything about Elvis
More than 100 Million visitors can't be wrong

Moderators: Moderator5, Moderator3, FECC-Moderator, Site Mechanic

Topic author
bajo
Registered for: 20 years 11 months

The Graceland Sessions

Post by bajo »

I can't help getting towards Johnny Cash's latest recrodings. The American recordings surely gave Jonnny the credit he always deserved.
The movie also gave credit to a long timer as he was,alongside Elvis.
As for recording, I have now plowed through The Jungle Room Sessions, along with my own late upgraded volume 2 of the same. (Gathering all the outtakes not featured on the afore mentoned.)
And I feel it would be time for an official release of the "Best Of The Jungle Room Sessions"!
Listening to the stripped recordings, somehow gives me that intimate feeling of the latest Johnny Cash recordings. That bare, naked down to earth delivery! It's all over in there when youl listen to the alternates of the Graceland sessions. What do you think?

(Sorry for double posting!)

"If you love me let me know, if you don't, ....move it!"

dl
Registered for: 18 years 5 months

Post by dl »

I don't think, FTD will release a second "Jungle Room" cd. I guess they will use the unreleased takes for the upgraded versions of "From Elvis Preseley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee" and "Moody Blue". But those outtakes surely are welcome!

:D

elvis_mania54545

Post by elvis_mania54545 »

Yep the very reason im not a fan of the classic albums,i love the way it was, now the classic albums is all anyone talks about,i already know im the minority on this or one of the few who will admit to not likeing the classic series, but is only because it has taken over the label,would like the orginal albums still avaliable,classics likle elvis is back not being in print is a joke.i know that this wont happen,since the classic albums r now in full steam, no way they will have them outside of the ftd label, i use to love getting outtakes, that for most part wouldnt be released again,now its soundboards and classic albums,its an oppion :P but it just seems its the answer to most will they release this questions.will nashville 71 even be released now?or will it also be a classic album release.i remember when i could go to store and in day find most if not all of elvis orginals albums on cd,ftd great for the fans ,just wish it had stayed on its orginal course!!!

thenexte

Post by thenexte »

dl wrote:I don't think, FTD will release a second "Jungle Room" cd. I guess they will use the unreleased takes for the upgraded versions of "From Elvis Presley Boulevard, Memphis, Tennessee" and "Moody Blue". But those outtakes surely are welcome!
With the core of the remaining unreleased outtakes from the Jungle Room Sessions just having been released on "Made in Memphis" FTD release such upgraded versions seem highly unlikely now (and really wouldn't make much sense from a collector standpoint anyways).

Having said that I believe DSD upgrades of album re-issues (such as "Elvis Country", "Promised Land", "Moody Blue", "From Elvis in Memphis") would make a lot more sense in terms of restoring the original mixes and carefully remaster the sound.

Gregory Nolan Jr.

Post by Gregory Nolan Jr. »

On this, I agree and as I wrote in Bajo's (other!) JRS thread, there are limits to what he can "find" in this sad last session in comparison to the "craggy" Cash finale of the '90s...

ImageImage
http://rewoundradio.com/
On the Edge of Reality