Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

new FTD release Paradise Hawaiin sty, Spinout,Double trouble

Sun Jul 06, 2003 6:59 pm

According to some Elvis site in dec or early 2004

I Hope they won't forget A dog's life and Datin from the Box "Elvis Aaron Presley"

They are too funny :D

Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:18 am

On another thread on this board it says FTD will release Viva Las Vegas, Frankie and Johnny, and Harum Scarum.

I think Ernst has already announced Viva Las Vegas will be one.

Does anybody really know the other two?

RKS

Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:29 am

the other two will be

the best of dr john. vol 1 and 2 :lol:

just jokin doc.

curtis simpkins

Mon Jul 07, 2003 5:10 am

As far as I can tell by reading various websites, it's not really decided. "Viva Las Vegas" is going to be released. Unless they change there minds "Frankie and Johnny" and "Harum Scarum" are suppose to be out in the next batch of soundtracks. Although it has been stated they are also working on others such as "Paradise, Hawaiian Style" and "Spinout".

This can be read in the BMG news section of this website.

Hope this helps,

GEORGE.

Mon Jul 07, 2003 6:12 am

Whatever the release schedule, they will eventually get to all of them and satisfy all the fans. It doesn't matter at all to me which order they choose. I would think that they will release first the ones that they have enought outtakes to make a good release.
Also, it depends greatly on how many the fans purchase. I know mine will be pre-ordered from this web site as soon as they are announced.

jeff R
Last edited by jeffreyjames on Tue Jul 08, 2003 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jul 07, 2003 8:17 am

They could always release the 5 mentioned. Now that would be a christmas bonus. :D

:twisted:

NOT TOO EXCITING

Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:14 pm

I can't really think of anything from "Paradise Hawaiian style" or "Harum scarum" that will be too earthshattering or exciting on any new releases! The only good take is "Hey little girl" which is already released and most of the PHS soundtrack is almost unlistenable and the complete out-takes have been out on bootleg. I think i've listened to them once!!
At least "Double trouble" has got a few varied songs such as "City by night" and "It won't be long".
TONY DOBB

Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:20 pm

Paradise Hawaiian Style has one huge thing going for it's alternates.... Elvis was often laughing his butt off. I am certain that the song we currently don't have alternates (or all the alternates) for will be hillarious!

Tue Jul 08, 2003 12:25 am

The only surprise in the list is "Double Trouble." In the past it's been said that BMG did not have alternates from this movie. So, this is good news because some of the songs are pretty good -- like "City By Night" and "Could I Fall In Love."

These are the '60s movies that we know BMG has alternate takes from (I not referring to an isolated take or two such as from "Girls! Girls! Girls!"):

G.I. Blues;
Flaming Star;
Wild In The County;
Follow That Dreams (most of the stereo "masters" are reported to be missing);
Kid Galahad
(It Happened at the) World's Fair;
Fun In Alcapulco;
Girl Happy;
Spinout;
Paradise, Hawaiian Style;
Frankie and Johnny;
Easy Come, Easy Go;
Harum Scarum;
Clambake.

The last I heard BMG did not have many outtakes from:

Girls, Girls, Girls;
Roustabout (may have found the Otis Blackwell/Winfield Scott composition of "Roustabout");
Speedway;
Change of Habit;
Charro;
and
Kissin' Cousins

I think BMG may have outtakes from "Stay Away, Joe" and "The Trouble With Girls (and how to get into it).

Mystery Train

Tue Jul 08, 2003 4:54 am

i believe that alts from double trouble exist maybe now in the bmg vaults?
roustabout otis blackwell version exists& will be on 2nd to none.
hopefully the missing session reels will be turned up for the songs we have no alts from yet.
house of sand-paradise hawaiian style
almost all the songs from girls,girls,girls
except the ones which have been released already.
kissin cousins
roustabout
speedway
easy come,easy go-title,i'll take love,you gotta stop,yoga is as yoga does
change of habit,have a happy
lets forget about the stars-from charro +the title cut
almost in love from-live a little,love a little