Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

If You Love Me Two Times

Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:55 am

I've come across a US cassette version of Elvis In Concert which contains If You Love Me Let Me Know on both sides A and B! Both versions are from June 21, 1977.
Are there any vinyl pressings with this peculiarity?

Sat Jul 05, 2003 6:27 am

Interesting! Can't help you there, but I had to comment on the name of this thread--it's very Elvis meets The Doors...

monkboughtlunch will probably think the same thing.

Sat Jul 05, 2003 11:55 am

They probably put it on both sides to make the time even so there wasn't a lot of blank tape.
I don't think they would need to do this on an Album.

8)

Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:01 pm

Yeah; Love Me Two Times! I thought that was pretty funny too! Imagine Elvis doing both songs in a medley...

This is rather interesting, actually... (well, not in the real world, but here in the world of Elvis maniacs LOL) ... something I had forgotten about completely. Somewhere in my collection I have both In Concert and another Elvis tape (can´t remember which one right now) where the same thing happens; ie a song is repeated on both sides of the tape. When I bought In Concert I was hoping for two different versions of If You Love Me... but no, I was very disappointed! I´ve seen this also on a few tapes with other artists. The reason is, I think, so the playing time will be more equal on both sides of the cassette.

Anyway, I haven´t collected tapes since the early eighties, but maybe we have an expert here who can tell us more?