Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Elvis Presley and Josef Locke.

Fri Jul 04, 2003 2:58 pm

Toay's, "the Irish News" daily newspaperof Belfast and Derry and the whole of Ireland, have a story about Elvis, Josef Locke, and yours truly on the front Page:-) It's about my proposal for a statue of the great tenor Josef Locke part of whose life was the subject of the movie "Hear My Song". An editorial in the newspaper supports my Josef Locke life-sized bronze statue campaign!!!

Coincidently whilst waiting for Michiel Van der Sommen http://www.mvandersommen.com to arrive at Dublin Airport didn't Phil Coulter himself walk past us. Phil wrote the song "My Boy" and is very proud to relate that Elvis Presley recorded it. Phil Coulter is from Derry City. Famous for the Derry air = "Danny Boy"

The "Derry Journal" contacted yours truly by telephone to talk about my proposal for a life-sized bronze statue of Josef Locke to adorn the, Town He Loved So Well.
A BBC and Dublin radio station also called me on the telephone and we spoke on air of Josef's amazing career, part of which was a subject of the movie, "Hear My Song".
I met Josef in person at his "Joe's Place" establishment in Dublin, circa 1964, and obtained his autograph for my mother on the only piece of paper I had at hand - a cigarette packet!

Later my own family and I came to appreciate Josef's beautiful tenor voice and now have quite a number of his albums both vinyl and CD.

Sat Jul 05, 2003 9:52 am

Now the "Irish Star" is interested in doing the Josef Locke story, next Monday.
Somehow or other Elvis Presley will be brought into the story putting Elvis once again in front of the papers hundreds of thousand of readers.

http://www.dublinpeople.com/newssport/t ... /sspeople/ just scroll down a little for the Elvis story in this weekly newspaper.

Sat Jul 05, 2003 10:39 am

FECC Team wrote:FECC MESSAGE BOARD GUIDELINES

Messages that doesn't follow these rules will be deleted without any warnings

6- Complete <b>irrelevant</b> threads ...

10- Advertisement : <b>Repetitive</b> advertisements for selling or for <b>plugging</b> ... ( including "bumping of the threads" back on top ) could be also deleted.

Do you get it now?

Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:25 pm

Strange how you always take the hook Doc :-)

Doc, The phil Coulter bit is new. Your comprehension is slipping a little-but that's not new;-)

Now to work on my piece for the, "Elvis Symposium".

We can always be Platonic friends can't we Doc?

Sat Jul 05, 2003 3:31 pm

Hey Maurice`.....i bet you just love to sit back, and listen to yourself talking dont you ?...lol

Sat Jul 05, 2003 4:05 pm

Ez, sure do, but reading your reply is far more fun:-)