Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

FTD'S

Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:54 pm

HI - DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A SITE WHERE I CAN LEGALLY DOWNLOAD THE FTD'S? ITUNES DOES NOT HAVE THEM. THANKS.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:11 pm

You don’t download FTDs, you buy them. You a-hole.

I rarely resort to calling people names, but you deserve it.

Per

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:18 pm

thekingisalive wrote:You don’t download FTDs, you buy them. You a-hole.

I rarely resort to calling people names, but you deserve it.

Per

Doesn't legally mean that Hondo wants to pay for the material ?

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:22 pm

Oh God, I didn’t see that word. Thanks for pointing that out, Melanie. Hondo, I apologize. Please disregard my angry reply.

As far as I know, you cannot download the FTDs legally. You must buy them.

Per

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:53 pm

I dont know if there are FTD's here???

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dl ... p=1&fsoo=1

Re: FTD'S

Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:20 pm

HONDO wrote:HI - DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A SITE WHERE I CAN LEGALLY DOWNLOAD THE FTD'S? ITUNES DOES NOT HAVE THEM. THANKS.

I would suggest just buying them.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:35 pm

HONDO wrote:HI - DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A SITE WHERE I CAN LEGALLY DOWNLOAD THE FTD'S? ITUNES DOES NOT HAVE THEM. THANKS.

why bother downloading them? why not buyting them for eur. 21,00 then you'll have the originals. :lol:

Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:13 pm

Yes, why the hell not...??

Sincerely MB280E

Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:54 pm

You're wanting to play FTDs in your Ipod, am I understanding you correctly, or just for your computer? If it's your IPod, I highly suggest buying the originals and then transferring them to your Ipod using the ITunes program - you'll be happier that way since you can pick your own quality rate.

If it's just for your computer, I suggest the same thing. May not be instant, but there's no better way to get them. :)

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:52 am

It seems Hondo is only one of a few who have grasped that access to music has changed in the big wide world. Downloads now account for around 50% of sales. Though I can't see FTD putting its tracks online for download.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:57 am

Access to music is changing, granted, but one problem I have with it at the moment is that you generally can't pick the quality, and the 128-160kbps quality that's usually give isn't worth paying for, imo.

All of my Elvis masters are transferred at 225kbps and all the session material is transferred at 192kbps (since there are so many files), to give a quality that's not much less from the CDs when you're on the go.

But even at 192, you're losing a lot of fidelity that you can still tell the difference from a CD or DVD, so I prefer transferring from CDs just to have the original quality as well for when I'm not on the go.

Even though I'm an IPod nut, if music ever completely becomes a download thing, audio nuts everywhere are in trouble, and I'd be pretty mad. There's also the fact that I like having the package in my hand and the actual collecting, but I'm just speaking from an audio perspective.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 8:53 am

If you download them, they are encoded in 128 bits, way too low for good Hi-Fi, nice for an iPod or computer but that's it .. Buy them, trow them trough iTunes at at least 192 or 256 bits and put them on your mp3 player and computer - and you'll have the originals [including booklet and cover] to play on your CD player .. it's a win-win situation !

Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:09 am

I have my favorite FTD's and other cd's converted to 192 bit MP3's which is a sufficient quality for a computer and a portable player. I still love to have them as prober cd's and listen to them on my hifi-system.

FTD'S

Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:04 am

THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK. MY POINT WAS THAT LESS PEOPLE BUY CD'S TODAY. ESPECIALLY YOUNG PEOPLE. HAVE IT ON ITUNES BUT CHARGE $1.50 INSTEAD OF 99 CENTS A SONG. TO REACH A NEW AUDIENCE THEY SHOULD THINK ABOUT THIS.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:28 am

HONDO wrote:TO REACH A NEW AUDIENCE THEY SHOULD THINK ABOUT THIS.

No, I don't think that would be a good thing to do.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:37 am

I'd be annoyed by the fact that if you downloaded say One Night With Elvis or Polk Salad Annie for example everytime the next track began there would be a slight pause - which ruins the flow of a live album.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:38 am

Yeah that would definitley ruin the feeling of the live concert you are listening to, thats for sure.

I have some cds that I bought from a guy that have pauses in between songs and it gets on my nerves :x .