Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

BEST of Elvis 2005 - Do you agree?

Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:56 pm

Hi Gang,
Having just seen PaulKTF's posting . . . .
Okay I know I'm a bit behind on this; but I just got the All Shook Up FTD and this is one of the best concerts I've ever heard. Makes me wish I could've seen him live in '69. He's so full of energy and obviously having a blast on stage. And he does Rubberneckin'!

If you havn't bought this FTD yet; don't hesitate. It's one of the best concerts they've released yet.

. . . . I realise that some members here might have missed out on some 2005 Elvis gems.

Check out EIN'S detailed "Best of 2005" list.
No other site has stuck their neck out in the same way, so do you all agree?
And what do you think is missing?

There is SO MUCH Elvis product out there every year that I am interested if you agree, or maybe EIN missed out on your personal favourite.

Look here>
http://www.elvisinfonet.com/spotlight_best_of_2005.html

BEST OF ELVIS 2005

1. Elvis Is Back FTD
2. All Shook Up FTD
3. Elvis On Tour rehearsals FTD
4. A Legendary Performer Vol.5 (Madison)
5. Rockin' Across Texas FTD ( Book, CD)
6. Dewey & Elvis (Book)
7. Elvis & The Memphis Mafia (Book)
8. Elvis Presley Memphis Recording Service Vol.1 (CD Book)
9. Elvis: B.ehind The I.mage Vol 2 (Book)
10.Elvis Aaron Presley: A Candle In The Wind (Book)
11.EVENT #1 - 'Elvis By The Presleys’
12.EVENT #2 - The Deluge of Elvis Bootleg DVDs.
13.'A Tribute To The King' - by Scotty Moore & Friends.(DVD)
14.'Elvis- On Tour: Outtakes' (DVD)
15.'Elvis 1st, 2nd & 4ever' - (DVD)
16.'All Shook Up - A Reggae Tribute to The King'

The Biggest Elvis Disappointments of 2005
1.‘ELVIS’ – The CBS TV mini-series
2.‘Hitstory’ – BMG 3CD set.

So did we get it wrong?
Do you agree?

e-mail us, we need to know.

Cheers
Piers
http://www.ElvisInfoNet.com

Re: BEST of Elvis 2005 - Do you agree?

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:14 pm

PiersEIN wrote:The Biggest Elvis Disappointments of 2005
2.‘Hitstory’ – BMG 3CD set.

I do agree!

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:19 pm

Big Boss Man (FTD) and Elvis by the Presleys (DVD) should definitely be on that list.

Per

Re: BEST of Elvis 2005 - Do you agree?

Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:27 pm

PiersEIN wrote:The Biggest Elvis Disappointments of 2005

I agree on this one for sure. They could have done alot better job on this movie if you ask me.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:43 pm

elvis by the presleys was a great dvd 4hours 40 mins what the bloody hell do some of you people want are you never happy:( :( :( :( :(

Tue Apr 04, 2006 2:24 am

If you follow Pier's links, you'll get it all. Even though I don't have all the products listed, I agree with Pier's in most of it!

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:24 am

rocknroller wrote:elvis by the presleys was a great dvd 4hours 40 mins what the bloody hell do some of you people want are you never happy:( :( :( :( :(

Yeah I agree, I just finished watching Elvis By The Presley's. It is a great movie, I love all the home movie footage it has of Elvis and his friends and family. Plus we got some more clips from the CBS Special :lol: .

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:56 am

EBTP was OK but hardly outstanding. There was too much Beaulieu introspection/viewpoint and not enough golden nuggets advancing our appreciation of Elvis.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:07 am

I think that EBTP fits in well among my personal DVD/VIDEO'S favourites. It fills some gaps, and comes from a different angel than usual!
It was obviously a programme that the general public liked, according to chart actions over here!

Elvis '56
Elvis In Hollywood
The Great Performances
TTWII-SE
The Lost Performances
On tour
The NBC TV Special-SE
Aloha From Hawaii-SE
The Classic Albums
He Touched Me
EBTP

Great stuff all of them imo

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:11 am

I agree that 2005 was a very good year for Elvis fans. The FTD's from last April will be hard to top. We received Elvis Is Back, Rockin' Across Texas and Big Boss Man. Not only a great month, but once again, a great year indeed.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:13 am

John Walker wrote:EBTP was OK but hardly outstanding. There was too much Beaulieu introspection/viewpoint and not enough golden nuggets advancing our appreciation of Elvis.

Yes I agree with you here, there was so much Beaulieu's and not enough interviews done with "Presley's" besides Patsy, and Lisa I don't recall any others, I am probably forgetting a few. And Jerry Schilling, even though he isn't a Presley I really like to hear him talk about Elvis and about the times they shared together.
It is among one of my favorite movies out of my Elvis collection.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:16 am

Rob wrote:The FTD's from last April will be hard to top. We received Elvis Is Back, Rockin' Across Texas and Big Boss Man. Not only a great month, but once again, a great year indeed.

Yes I agree Rob, it will be difficult to top the FTD's from April of last year, Lets hope they do though. :lol: :wink:

elvis

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:04 pm

Elvis by the Presleys was in my opinion a BIG letdown, way too much Cilla, and even Cilla's parents!!, What do Elvis fans care about their stories?

And the story of Elvis singing Little Sister to her sister?? I am not buying that! Come on!

If you compare Cilla's stories with the stories from her book ELVIS AND ME, even there are differences.

I think it's time she "leaves the building" so people who are NOT personally involved can show us some home movies, i bet there are lots which Cilla does not want to show us fans. Angel? DEVIL IN DISQUISE thats what she is!

But he, i am sure a lot will disagree, but that is what this board is for isnt it? to exchange opinions?

Re: elvis

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:16 pm

stari062 wrote:Elvis by the Presleys was in my opinion a BIG letdown, way too much Cilla, and even Cilla's parents!!, What do Elvis fans care about their stories?

And the story of Elvis singing Little Sister to her sister?? I am not buying that! Come on!

If you compare Cilla's stories with the stories from her book ELVIS AND ME, even there are differences.

I think it's time she "leaves the building" so people who are NOT personally involved can show us some home movies, i bet there are lots which Cilla does not want to show us fans. Angel? DEVIL IN DISQUISE thats what she is!

But he, i am sure a lot will disagree, but that is what this board is for isnt it? to exchange opinions?

Hey I agree with you. Like I said earlier, there were to many interviews and stories from her and her family and not from the Presley's. But overall it was good.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:00 pm

EBTP was pretty well done. There were plenty of good things about it. A little heavy on the Beaulieu perspective, perhaps, and lacking in a diversity of voices telling the story, but overall, I think it served Elvis pretty well.

Now, as for the mini-series...No thanks. :evil:

Tue Apr 04, 2006 6:22 pm

KHoots wrote:Now, as for the mini-series...No thanks. :evil:

No, that was pretty bad to say the least.

Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:27 pm

i for one enjoyed the beaulieu's in elvis by the presleys.lots of storys i have not heard before & cilla's parents were very nice.its not like they are on every elvis dvd is it.unlike all those ars*holes from the memphis mafia i am sick of hearing all the same shitty storys i have heard a millon times before and you allways get at least one of them bursting in to fake tears.the dvds all the kings men is the worst dvds i have ever seen at least elvis by the presleys shows an other side of the king though home movies and is something you can watch again and again.i allso love hearing what lisa got to say all in all a great dvd. i allso love the fact they brought out a dvd/book & cd i bought them all on the same day what a buzz not often you can say that.

Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:33 pm

Great article, Piers.

I posted it to a similiar thread I started at the end of last year:

"Best Elvis Developments of Last Year (FTDs, DVDs, etc.)"

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... highlight=

I share some of Stari's complaints about EBTP, but overall think it's still worth the plunge. Here's my review from our "Review" section:

"Elvis By the Presleys" DVD : A Bad Rap?

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/forum/v ... highlight=