Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

April Fool ?

Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:50 pm

There were two stories on the Elvis News site.

One concerned the Elvis-in-his-coffin photo having gone missing.

The other was about Junkie XL turning down an offer to do a whole album of Elvis re-mixes.

Both were posted on 1st April.

Can't make up my mind which was the April Fool joke - or was it both ?

Mon Apr 03, 2006 4:35 am

ColinB, Neither were a joke. The coffin photo story was taken from the EIN site and it also appears thru a Google news search. The JXL story is backed up by EIN's interview with Junkie XL in 2002.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:17 am

John Walker wrote:ColinB, Neither were a joke. The coffin photo story was taken from the EIN site and it also appears thru a Google news search. The JXL story is backed up by EIN's interview with Junkie XL in 2002.

They just seemed odd, that's all.

It must be the original negatives that are missing, then.

The photos have been pubished all over !

And the Junkie XL 'news' is four years old.

Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:53 am

ColinB, yes its very strange the Junkie XL story getting a run now. Guess it was tied in with the Strawberry Fields request. Doubt EIN is complaining as it let's them re-run their interview with Junkie XL.

Re: April Fool ?

Mon Apr 03, 2006 6:31 am

ColinB wrote:There were two stories on the Elvis News site.

One concerned the Elvis-in-his-coffin photo having gone missing.

The other was about Junkie XL turning down an offer to do a whole album of Elvis re-mixes.

Both were posted on 1st April.

Can't make up my mind which was the April Fool joke - or was it both ?

Colin, don't be a fool. :lol:

Re: April Fool ?

Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:03 am

Marko wrote:
Colin, don't be a fool. :lol:

Too late !!! :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Colin !!!

Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:56 am

Personally, I liked the one EIN ran a few years ago saying due to land movements Graceland was sinking and might have to be closed. Didn't that get a few people in.

Tue Apr 04, 2006 4:13 am

John Walker wrote:due to land movements Graceland was sinking and might have to be closed. Didn't that get a few people in.

Thats funny, never heard that one :lol:

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:02 am

Not sure why EIN doesn't do the April Fools Day thing anymore (must ask). Another they did was fans spotting a UFO near Graceland and taking a photo of an Elvis like image looking out the craft's window and waving. The Elvis is alive believers loved that one!

Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:20 am

John Walker wrote:The Elvis is alive believers loved that one!

I bet they did