Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Just got the All Shook Up FTD- WOW!

Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:00 am

Okay I know I'm a bit behind on this; but I just got the All Shook Up FTD and this is one of the best concerts I've ever heard. Makes me wish I could've seen him live in '69. He's so full of energy and obviously having a blast on stage. And he does Rubberneckin'!

If you havn't bought this FTD yet; don't hesitate. It's one of the best concerts they've released yet.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:17 am

And one of the coolest covers also! Weird mix though... :)

Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:19 am

I agree, it is a great show and Elvis seems to really be enjoying himself onstage. This is the cd that has the Laughing version of Are You Lonesome Tonight, I love to hear that verion from this cd.

Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:46 am

JLGB wrote:And one of the coolest covers also! Weird mix though... :)

Yeah that really jumped out at me- I sort of like it, for some reason. I guess that has to do with how it was recorded?

Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:01 am

They are 8-track recordings, and they are not all alike. A friend told me that there are sometimes as many as four instruments on one track, so you need to make compromises when mixing these tapes. The guitar is brought up front in the August 24 dinner show mix, whereas the August 26 midnight show mix focuses on the piano. That’s just the way it has gotta be.

Per

Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:09 am

thekingisalive wrote:They are 8-track recordings, and they are not all alike. A friend told me that there are sometimes as many as four instruments on one track, so you need to make compromises when mixing these tapes. The guitar is brought up front in the August 24 dinner show mix, whereas the August 26 midnight show mix focuses on the piano. That’s just the way it has gotta be.

Per
Unless it was not mixed by FTD. I say this because there is only credit for mastering. So FTD could have (available or found) just a 2 track rough mix. Imo.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 5:50 am

It's totally excellent. The FECC review is here:

http://www.elvis-collectors.com/review_ ... ookup.html

DJC

Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:06 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:It's totally excellent. The FECC review is here:

DJC

That's a very good review- thanks for pointing it out. :)

Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:06 am

In my opinion the best live 1969 live recordings are in the 1969 original RCA double album. From Memphis To Vegas/From Vegas To Memphis. Excellent title and artwork as well.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 6:41 am

JLGB!
I tend to agree with you on that. The In Person album somehow became the classic, even if it was a compile.
But, I have no problem with All Shook Up either.
About the cover of the double LP. I didn't really get the idea of those pictures on the cover.
The "Back In Memphis" cover picture surely belongs more to the "In Person" part of the album. The NBC picture might well have suited the "Back In Memphis" album better, since they used pictures from the tv special on the "From Elvis In Memphis" cover. Speaking of that: What on earth did the "Viva Las Vegas" picture do on the back of that album??

Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:17 am

bajo wrote:JLGB!
Speaking of that: What on earth did the "Viva Las Vegas" picture do on the back of that album??

Blame the art director: Colonel Tom Parker!

Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:20 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:It's totally excellent. The FECC review is here:

DJC

Thanks for the review DJC.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 7:29 am

bajo wrote:JLGB!
I tend to agree with you on that. The In Person album somehow became the classic, even if it was a compile.
But, I have no problem with All Shook Up either.
About the cover of the double LP. I didn't really get the idea of those pictures on the cover.
The "Back In Memphis" cover picture surely belongs more to the "In Person" part of the album. The NBC picture might well have suited the "Back In Memphis" album better, since they used pictures from the tv special on the "From Elvis In Memphis" cover. Speaking of that: What on earth did the "Viva Las Vegas" picture do on the back of that album??
When I bought the album I did not know any better and thought it was Elvis as a "civilian" picture! LOL!!! Pretty cool initials EP on the shirt! :)

Sun Apr 02, 2006 9:53 am

I remember when I first got that disc.

I was on my way to New Jersey to see some family and friends for the week and the cd got here the nite be4 I left. I musta played that damn thing 40 times on the way there and back! LOL :lol:

Ain't nuthin' like playin' an Elvis Presley "live" show from '69 when u get stuck (in Jersey) every 1/2 a mile at a toll booth :!: :lol:

That disc ROX!!! :wink:

Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:39 am

thekingisalive wrote:They are 8-track recordings

Are you sure?