Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

1961 Benifit Concert on vinyl..

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:02 pm

You don't see these coming up very often on Ebay.. though Ironically I've seen three in the last few weeks, one of which I purchased. Anyway, just thought I'd post up the link in case anyone is interested..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4858201958&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

Kevin.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:03 pm

Thanks for sharing this Kevin.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:45 pm

Makes me feel nostalgic seeing that LP again - what an awesome package that was, from the heyday of Elvis boots.

Made by people with a real passion for Elvis and his music, like the Madison boys these days.

Fri Mar 31, 2006 9:59 pm

Ah yes, this was issued in 1978, under the "Golden Archives" imprint.

The whole package -- with booklet -- remains superior to the 1980 vinyl release, part of the Elvis Aron Presley box set. "Golden Archives" also produced a fabulous three volume series called "The Rockin' Rebel." The late 1970s / early 1980s were fallow days as far as RCA releases, and discs like these were a godsend.

Supposedly, the fellow behind the GA LPs is a member here, so let me just say -- thanks for the music!

DJC

Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:51 pm

I have this superb LP and I endorse the above comments.

It may have been my imagination, but when the official version came out on the Silver Box EAP set, I didn't think it sounded as good as the Golden Archives 'original'.

Steve Morse

Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:02 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:Ah yes, this was issued in 1978, under the "Golden Archives" imprint.

The whole package -- with booklet -- remains superior to the 1980 vinyl release, part of the Elvis Aron Presley box set. "Golden Archives" also produced a fabulous three volume series called "The Rockin' Rebel." The late 1970s / early 1980s were fallow days as far as RCA releases, and discs like these were a godsend.

Supposedly, the fellow behind the GA LPs is a member here, so let me just say -- thanks for the music!

DJC

I've got my mint copy signed by the Jord's, Scotty, DJ, Al Dvorin! I had the Bloch Arena all to myself and I had the LP up there, centre stage - whilst I was filming inside and out! I've been offered 600 dollars for it! I declined! :lol:

1961 benefit

Sat Apr 01, 2006 10:17 am

... Are you sure Doc...? Golden Archives was run by 2 of your fellow country men... Not for one minute have I felt one of them visits this site...? And I knew them well... Last time we had a reunion, was in Memphis, in 97.

... The name of the label has been used in Europe, but the Yanks had no involvement in this... neither did the people behind Bilko, or Baxter used GA for their titles....I think?

Sat Apr 01, 2006 11:46 pm

i have several extra copies of this lp . if there are any collectors out there that needs it. all mint.
joe
elvis2001

Re: 1961 benefit

Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:02 am

Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... Are you sure Doc...?

Well, I was hoping ... maybe they're too old for an internet MB?

If you ever see either fellow, do let 'em know all of those LPs will always be appreciated -- even if the "Live in '55" booklet from The Rockin' Rebel Vol. 2 really featured photos from Los Angeles, at the Shrine in June 1956.

DJC

Re: 1961 benefit

Sun Apr 02, 2006 1:04 am

drjohncarpenter wrote:
Tallhair AKA Ger Rijff wrote:... Are you sure Doc...?

Well, I was hoping ... maybe they're too old for an internet MB?

If you ever see either fellow, do let 'em know all of those LPs will always be appreciated -- even if the "Live in '55" booklet from The Rockin' Rebel Vol. 2 really featured photos from Los Angeles, at the Shrine in June 1956.

DJC

Doc, if you check out Clinton Heylin's Bootleg Book for the names of the people behind the GA releases. One person involved was certain famous person in the Elvis Wolrd - let's just say his intials are PD.

Sun Apr 02, 2006 2:57 am

Why be so coy?

If by PD you mean Paul Dowling - then just say it :D