Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Looks like E1 is leaving the Top 200...

Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:43 am

well, after 40 consecutive weeks on the Top 200 album charts, E1 is sitting at #200 for week ending 7/12/03! unless there's a major resurge in sales, then this awesome cd leaves the charts. I was hoping that it would at least surpass Aloha's. 52 weeks back in '73, but i guess we shouldn't really be surprised. E1 has been goin' on, basically, word of mouth promotion for, at least, the last 30 weeks. if RCA/BMG had kept up promotion with more ads and tv spots, I think this disc could have gone, at least, 5x Platinum, in the US alone!!!
I really, really hope that the cd goes back up next week, but if it don't, at least this cd will ALWAYS be one of the greatest cd's of ALL TIME and proved that in 2002, 25 years gone from earth, Elvis Presley was not forgotten!!! hope we can say the same for "Second to None"?

Fri Jul 04, 2003 8:46 am

Want to bet it comes back when Second to None is released :!:

Fri Jul 04, 2003 10:55 am

maybe it come back in august or when second to none is released or in christmas

Fri Jul 04, 2003 11:16 am

Hi Minkahed!

Hopefully 2nd to None will bring E1 back up on the charts as well!
That is, if BMG promotes the 2nd to None well!

I don't think 2nd to None will sell as much as E1 did, but we can always hope!

Br
Kristian

Fri Jul 04, 2003 4:40 pm

I, too, agree that "2nd to None" will not do as well as "E1", but I hope they (RCA) promote it well enuff so that maybe both cd's can help each other in sales! that Beatles 1 cd has been on the charts for sumthin' like 125 weeks and I know with a lil more promo from BMG, that E1 could have given that cd a run for it's money, in both sales and chart performance. I just hope the song selection is a strong one for StoN and just proves to people that E1 wasn't a fluke...who knows, maybe another #1 album?

Sat Jul 05, 2003 12:40 am

If RCA had some smarts they would have both "Second" and "Elv1s" in the same bin display.

And if they were really creative - a discount for buying both at once.

Sat Jul 05, 2003 2:16 am

That is a good idea Kiwi. I've noticed that tack was taken with the new Led Zeppelin releases, the Motown DVD and other albums. It would be stupid not to take advantage of something like that.

BMG definitely did not do enough for promotion on this CD. The first weeks they did a great job but after Christmas they did virtually nothing at least on TV. Last I was in New York though they still had that great Billboard in Times Square.

All in all though 41 weeks is a nice chart run for a reissue. New hit singles are generally what generally extend the chart run for your average record. After "ALLC" there was no hope of that here. Maybe the anniversary will help it squeak out an extra week or two.

To me it's amazing that in the year 2003 an Elvis Presley record is still on the charts. This is a guy that started his career 49 years ago and died almost 26 years ago. That means you could be a grown adult and never have known a time when Elvis Presley was alive yet he's still popular.